Magic

A week later the guard at the door knocks and enters. I look up.

'Valarie has run off. Tony and Thor are searching the castle,' the guard tells me. I nod and he leaves.

I teleport straight to the lake. It's where we normally run off to. Valarie is looking down at her hands thinking. I decide to enter her mind and hear her thoughts.

I had no power, I am nothing. Not a goddess, not a royal, a mortal. Not even a wolf. I lost everything. Those powers gave me the will to keep going. Without them I am nothing.

'Val?' I walk up behind her interrupting her train of thought. She shouldn't think like that. Powers don't make everything.

'Raven. What do I do now? I am nothing. I am dirt.'

'We will get them back,' I reply. The powers mean everything to her.

'What if I can't? What if I am stuck like this forever Raven? What if I am never able to protect you or my family?'

I struggle to not tell her that she has never protected me. I protect her. 'I don't know Val. I'm sorry,' I finally say.

She shakes her head and stands up, watching as I follow her.

'Raven no. I am not stable. Stay away,' she smiles sadly at me and walks away. It stops me in my tracks. Why would she think like that? She's a doctor, a princess and queen ...all because she had powers.

'Oh,' I whisper to myself. I run through the forest but I'm too late. Valarie is already walking out of her house clutching on to something. She spots me. Regret fills me for being so late to work it out. Sadness fills me because she was never getting better. She was hiding it behind her magic. She was always hiding behind her damn magic. Why did she have to lose them? She didn't deserve to lose them. She jumps into a car and drives off down the driveway. I teleport to Throne room where Thor, the queen and Loki talk about something happening in Asgard. They all stop talking when they notice me.

'Raven, what's wrong?' Thor asks.

I look around me wildly. Alec isn't here. I need to find him next.

'Raven?' Loki slowly stands up clearly seeing I'm distraught.

'Valarie drove off. I don't know where. She...she's not herself. The magic...loosing it has taken a toll on her,' my breathing races and my hands clench and unclench. I need to keep moving. To go after her and find her.

'She will be fine, daughter of Loki. She is much older than you and I trust is more than capable to look after herself,' the queen says.

Anger fills me and I feel myself being torn apart. Stay and argue? Find Alec? Find Valarie? Loki grabs hold of my shoulder and I jump a little about how close he managed to get.

Find Alec, he says to me drowning out the other options.

I gasp but nod. He lets go and moves back. I turn and sprint out of the room, imagining the pack house and teleport there. I sprint through the rooms ignoring the yells and shouts of the other wolves until I find Alec. He looks up from the toddlers and sees me. His eyes narrow and his ears twitch at the yells.

'Valarie,' I gasp.

His eyes widen. I hunch over, hands on my knees as I struggle to breath. My eyes close for a minute and he is quick to move in front of me and push me on to the chair behind me.

'What about Valarie?' he demands.

'She just drove off. Took your car.'

'Where is she going?'

I shake my head. He grabs hold of my shoulders and shakes me harshly.

'Where is she?' he snarls.

My gaze falls on to the toddlers behind him. Ice begins to flow into my hands. Magic. Of course.

'The lab,' I gasp out. He stops shaking me.

'The lab where she lost her powers. She'll go there first and then just drive anywhere. Keep an eye on her credit card. She will more than most likely spend it on a new book or something,' my head clears and I'm able to think straight. Of course.

He nods, steps back, his gaze flickering back onto the toddlers.

'Loki will be here in a moment, he can take the kids to Val's parents and they can look after them,' I know he hates me being around his kids. The dude hates me. Well I can't blame him not after finding out that I killed his baby brother.

Loki, I yell out over mind link.

He groans. What Raven. No need to yell.

Pack house. Toddlers. Take to Thor. Alec leaving to get Valarie, I summarise for him.

Got it.

Loki appears next to me not a moment later. The toddlers look up and the girl starts laughing and crawling towards Loki. Loki kneels down and picks her up when she gets closer and then the boy a moment later. I look back to Alec. Alec looks from me to Loki. I hold my hands up by my head.

'I won't be anywhere near them. Can't stand them,' I tell him.

'Loki keep your daughter away from my kids. I'm going after my wife,' Alec orders before running out the door. Loki teleports back to the castle while I teleport to my room only to collapse on the carpet, knocking over a chair. I roll onto my back, eyes open wide as I struggle to breathe. It's the emotions. I need to calm down but I can't. The door opens and someone runs in. They're wearing armour. A guard that stands outside my door. He kneels down next to me.

'Raven!' he calls out. I groan.

'Get my father,' I manage to choke out. He leaves the room as I tilt my head backwards trying to get some air.

Moment's later my eye's close and my body starts to fall limp with the loss of oxygen. 

Something hit's my chest and I gasp but still air refuses to come.

Let me in your mind ,  my father says.

I try to but it's too hard.

Raven, he groans as he tries to bypass the walls around my mind.

I'm trying too, I feel nausea. I drop the walls and feel him in my mind.

It's your emotions. They're making it hard. There is one way to help you, he sounds hesitant like he doesn't like the idea.

What?

I take control of your mind until you are calm. 

NO!

I don't like the idea either Raven. I promise I will only stay in your bedroom.

Okay...fine, I relent. My body stops moving and the fire pain stops hurting. I pass into black.