Mystery phone call

Hours later, she enters the loungeroom and stands next to me.

'You ready?' she asks while taking her pen out and turning it into a bow than back to a pen again.

'Ok, let's go. Remember what I said,' I say while walking out of the apartment.

We drive to the home and wait in the car until after eight. Once eight passed we jumped out of the car and enter the home.

'I'll let you go first,' I tell her smirking. She glared back at me.

'I have children,' she replies smirking while stepping back for me to go. I hear Valarie moving to the side gate and walks past it.

'Alright go pass the house and watch my back,' I tell her as I enter the home. She walks in first holding the gun. The man is in the kitchen cooking while the whole family mother and two kids are at the table waiting for dinner. Valarie points the gun at them, 'Don't move,' she orders.

'And if you do, I will hurt you all,' I speak up from Val's side.

She nudges me. 'You do not hurt anyone,' she whispers fiercely to me. 'Nothing will happen to you if you just stay still. Raven, cuffs.'

I handcuff the father quickly and direct him on to a chair while Valarie carefully handcuffs the kids and wife. I watch as the kids begin to understand what's happening and tears well up in their eyes. I ignore them. The kids are actors. Trained to respond like this in order to drop the captors guard so the father can escape and kill or torture the captor. Valarie doesn't know this I realise.

'We will not hurt anyone.'

'I heard you once, stop telling me,' I move away from her and pull out a dagger and point it at the man. 'You have five seconds, or I will slice you.'

'We don't know anything.'

I laugh and push the dagger closer so it pierce the skin on his neck.

'Raven!' Valarie calls out.

'Shut the fuck up Valarie! You don't speak for me!' I snap back while smirking at the man and moving over to one of his fucked-up children. I move the dagger down so it points at the young girl's heart. She begins crying.

'Stop. Please, don't hurt my children,' the wife cries out while the father begins to pretend to not cry.

Something hot hits me in the chest. I stumble backwards, the dagger dropping in surprise. I look down and find the last of the flames disappearing.

'Stop it! Now! Or you will go back home, and I will do this alone,' she says while grabbing me by the neck and lifting me up. She drags me over to the door and drops me on the ground.

'You stay there!' she yells while running back over to the family.

'I won't hurt you, but I want to know where your cousin is. He is threatening Asgard and my children. I want to know where he is in Australia. I won't hurt you please,' Valarie's voice reaches me. I look up as the door opens and a man holding a gun walks in slowly and quietly. I remain still and quiet and he walks past, gazing directly at Valarie.

'From one parent to another, tell me where they are,' the father looks at his family than back at Valarie. They can all see me as I appear behind her with a dagger in my hand. I press the tip in her back. She spins around grabbing my knife arm and hits me in the head with the back of the gun. I drop to the floor, feigning unconsciousness.

'Damn. You should trust your friend more,' the father says. There's a moment silence and I feel someone stepping over me. I wait until they're next to me before making a clone continue to lie on the floor while I get up behind him, invisible at the moment. Because of the dude I can't see anything, I can only hear what's going on.

'Be careful with your actions, this is one of my men. With the one word, your children will be motherless,' the creepy man says. I stab him in the lower neck, killing him than instantly punch him in the same spot, watching as he falls to the ground. Valarie squeals and I step over the dead man and move closer to the father.

'Give us the answer.'

I feel heat next to me.

'Now!' Valarie yells. The heat intensifies.

'Fine alright. Him and his men are at the old container ship yard. But you will never defeat him. He has more men then you will ever have.'

I hear cars pulling up and men pouring out over the children's laughter. Valarie looks around scared and surprised. A lightning bolt hits the roof making a hole. Valarie looks at me and grabs hold of me by my wrist and sets herself on fire while trying to keep the hand touching me fire free. It doesn't work. As we near a park Valarie's fire burns off and we fall to the ground. I hit the ground with such force it leaves me winded. I gaze eyes wide up at the sky as I try to breathe. Valarie's face appears over me.

'I...m s...sorry.'

'You should be,' I gasp back as I sit up, my breath coming back.

Valarie drops back on the ground chest heaving until she got her breath back. She stands up.

'Jesus Christ...god dammit Val,' I sigh as I take in the blood on the front of her outfit. She looks down and looks at it. Her face pales and she collapses. I quickly pick her up and carry her to the side of the road and hail a taxi. I put her in and sit next to her ignoring the taxi's comments on lesbians always sinning in his taxi. I direct him to our hotel and jump out with Valarie leaning heavily against me in my arms. She walks with me to the lift and we go up to our apartment.

Once I open the door I go into the kitchen and begin making dinner leaving Valarie to heal herself. I look up from the pan as Valarie drops onto the couch looking exhausted. A normal look for her now.

'We need to move quickly, if all those men that were getting out of the car, are Lance's men he will know we are on to him,' I tell her calmly. I see her nod then her phone rings. She sighs and takes it outside on to the balcony to answer it. I frown. If it was her family, she would be excited and answer it than and there. If it was work, she would go to her room. Who would ring her so she would feel the need for privacy outside? I watch Valarie through the door and I see her gaze move onto me. She fakes a laugh. Valarie turns around to face the city and the phone moves down by her side. I take dinner off the stove. I open the sliding door and step out on to the balcony. Her shoulders shake as she cries.

'What's wrong with you?' I ask as I try to read her mind. It's empty.

'It's Alia, she is really sick. And I miss my children and Alec,' she snaps while barging past me, back inside. I turn back inside with a retort on my tongue but she's already in her room. A moment later the shower is turned on.