First holiday

'Valarie has gone on a holiday.'

I'm not even fully awake but I start choking on the water the nurse was trying to get me to drink. She rolls me onto my side and the water comes out. I groan but manage to sit up. Loki picks me up off the bed as the nurse strips the sheet.

'She what?' I finally whisper out when the nurse leaves.

'She left to go on a holiday. Don't worry. She's back to normal now.'

Anger fills me and I punch my father on the chest. He grunts and looks down at me.

'She nearly kills me and then runs off on a holiday?'

'She left you a note explaining it,' he replies as he lies me down again.

'What is wrong with my body?' I mutter. I feel far too relaxed.

'Valarie came in a few hours ago and gave you a medicine that relaxes your muscles and speeds up the healing the process. She then healed you properly.'

'And then she felt like because she healed my body that everything was fine and she ran off on a holiday.'

'Yes. And you know what. This is the first time she's actually ran off anywhere. She never leaves Asgard or even Minnesota unless she's working,' Loki snaps.

I fall silent and gaze up at the ceiling. 'We've never been on a holiday. Ever. It's Valarie's first time ever.'

'Well now Valarie has been on a holiday. So, what about you? Have you ever been on one like even when you keep running off?'

I remain silent hoping he'll just drop it but he doesn't.

'Raven, have you?'

He asks me another two times and then I give in.

'NO!' he stops and looks at me. 'Okay. No, I haven't. I've never been on a holiday. You know why? Because I've always been told that I don't deserve it. And now...well I don't see a point in it. If I'm not in a new fight than I'm unconscious or injured. Get over it.'

'Calm down,' Loki tells me. 'Thor has already booked us a flight to the Maldives.'

'Why there?'

'Because he reckons it looks nice. And we leave tonight.'

'What?'

'How do you feel now?'

'Still weirdly relaxed,' I reply.

'I'll let you rest for a few more hours. The servants are starting to pack our bags now.'

'Valarie is gone, isn't she?' I ask glancing quickly at the door.

Loki is quick to move in front so I can't see the door. 'She is. Now rest.'

'Fine,' I mutter as my eyes close again.

Loki wakes me up an hour before we leave and takes me back to my room. Clothes are already lain out on my bed and Loki leaves my room giving me a few minutes to get changed.

Minutes later I walk out, hands buried deep in my hoody pockets and hoody up. I trudge down the halls and into the dining hall. Dinner is already served and I sink into my seat. I quickly eat some of the food but then start picking at the rest of it.

'Okay let's go. Valkyrie you're in charge,' Thor tells her as we leave the hall minutes later. We walk out of the castle and Loki lifts me up onto my horse than follows me closely on his own horse with Thor leading the way. The horses come to a stop on the runway strip where a plane waits for us. Again, Loki helps me off my horse and he walks closely to me as we get on the plane. The moment I'm on it I take a window seat towards the back and curl up on it.

'Are you alright?' my father asks as he stands over me.

'Tired,' I murmur as my eyes shut. He leaves. Minutes later the plane takes off and I fall asleep.