No waterfalls

The next day we wait in the meeting room but time drags on and Val doesn't show up. A servant runs in and tell Thor and Loki a story about Valarie being in the infirmary healing a child and dismissing the child's parents from work. Not too long after the door opens again, this time I don't look up. I watch Thor and Loki glaring at whoever walks in.

'Take a picture it will last longer,' Valarie's voice fills the room

'You have no right to dismiss people when they are working. They are working for a reason.'

Valarie laughs coldly. 'They're people not servants and their child was sick. I wanted him to see his parents it will make him feel better.'

'You still don't have the right.'

Let's leave these two alone. You're not looking the best; Loki's voice enter my mind.

I teleport out of the room and next to the lake. A moment later Loki appears there as well.

'What happened yesterday?' his voice gives no suggestion of how I should reply.

I spy a boulder near the lake and sit with my back against the boulder, facing the forest. He looks around him before sitting on the ground.

'What do you mean what happened yesterday?' I decide to play dumb.

'When you ran off. Why did you run there? What were you doing?'

I tilt my head up so I can see the tops of the trees. 'There was a waterfall there. Very pretty.'

'Waterfall?' he repeats slowly. 'Raven what are you on about? There is no waterfall in this area. There's only this lake and a few creeks. You ran to the side of the highway. You stood there watching the truck come closer and nearly stepped out in front of it.'

'What?' I choke. 'There was no...' I trail off. My mind was silent. I wasn't seeing straight. It could be true. I could have just been...but why?

'What's going on with you?'

'There was a waterfall. It looked...cold...refreshing. The moment I saw it my mind...it went quiet. For the first time. It was...' I struggle to talk to him. I slump into silence, closing my eyes as I give up trying to speak.

'You never saw the truck coming, did you?' his voice is oddly low, growly like.

'There was no truck,' I insist. 'Valarie doesn't know does she?'

There's a pause of silence. 'No.'