Sick

I wake up late the next morning and discover I'm in my bed, still wearing the clothes from yesterday. I'm sitting up as the door opens and my father walks in. He shuts his door and drops dramatically on the chair next to my bed. It's been pulled from its normal spot next to the bathroom door and the window.

'Well there's going to be a few parties going on with a queen back and you better start getting used to Valarie being around again.'

'Doesn't Valarie have to help rule a pack and be a princess and be an Avenger?' I whisper, my throat feels tight stopping me from speaking normally but I can still breath.

'Yes, but she's only being an Avenger for major jobs like cleaning up your mess,' he scowls at me.

I shrug. 'No one told me that I had to clean up after killing. Only that I had to kill.'

He grunts and looks around the room before sinking into the chair. He seems different. More on edge.

'Don't like the queen?' I guess.

He sighs and his eyes move back onto me. 'Never have liked Thor's girlfriends or his wives.'

'Wives?' I choke.

'He didn't have a child with the first one. Miscarriage. And she died during miscarriage,' Loki shrugs like he's just giving me an update on the weather. 'Freya is his second wife.'

'Wait what about Sif?' I remember those two were always sharing weird looks.

'Who?' He looks at me funny for a moment than starts grinning. 'No. Those two were only friends. As much as Sif would have like to be Thor's girlfriend, she was never.'

'Huh,' I sink back in the pillows, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. 'Talking about dating. Who was my mother?'

Loki blanches and shifts uncomfortably in his seat. 'Do we have to talk about that? Now?'

I smirk at his obvious discomfort. 'You should have known that I was going to ask one day.'

'I know,' he sighs. 'But still...'

I lie back down in the bed still tired.

'We'll talk about it later. But before you go to sleep again you need to come and eat lunch otherwise Nurse will come,' he threatens.

'Let her come,' I murmur with half closed eyes.

'Nope. Let's go,' he says while picking me. He must have moved the covers off. I groan as he sits me down on the chair and calls my maids in to the room. I bury my head in my hands as the three of them come in.

'Yes Majesty?' they chorus together. I can feel them standing close to me.

'Get Raven here ready for lunch. And keep her awake until I get back,' he tells them. His voice is funny. Almost like he's teasing them. They nervously giggle than a second later they begin pulling me up to my feet and pushing towards the bathroom all the while chatting. I remain quiet apart from the yawning and occasional lurch forwards as I lose my balance and simply let their idle chatter flow over me as they help undress me. Their chatter stops for a moment and as my eyes slide close, they shove me forwards. Cold water catches me and I hit the bottom quickly. I simply let myself float up to the surface and float around on my back still yawning. I dip my head back under the water and slowly breath out all the air and open my eyes, blinking several times until I have to stand up in the water and rub my eyes as my chest gently gasps for air. I move towards the edge of the bath and pull myself up onto the edge of the pool, my legs dangling in the water. A towel wraps around my upper body. I lean back until I'm lying on the floor tiles that surround the bath. Three unsmiling faces look down at me. It's the maids. They glance at each other worried than down at me.