2 truths and 1 lie in a car full of liars

Four weeks pass and we're still stuck scoping out the daily and weekly patterns of the fortress Valarie is being held captive in. But I finally manage to get the Avengers to make a move and they go on ahead to the fortress and while my uncle and I make sure we have everything we need to help Valarie to get her back here safely and alive. Ten minutes after the Avengers leave to the fortress Loki and I walk through the portal and I stand near but offside to the Avengers.

'Valarie and allies! Stand down now. And no further harm will come to you,' Captain America yells.

'Get rid of them Valarie!'

I scowl as I see the blood and the state of Valarie. Her eyes flicker from Captain to me to Thor than to her husband. From the corner of my eye I see the illusion on Thor's face and the anger in Alec's stance. Anyone would think we are pissed with Valarie but really our anger is for the captors. A tear runs down Valarie's cheek glistening amongst the grime and dust.

Her lips move as she whispers something.

'Turn yourself in Valarie!' Tony yells from inside his Ironman suit. Another tear falls from Valarie's face. My muscles tighten and adrenaline fills me. A cold warning hand grabs my wrist. I grit my teeth.

There's some muttering amongst Valarie and Lance than Valarie yells out, 'I said I'm not fighting them. I will fight with them!'

Lance pulls out a phone but Valarie grabs it and breaks. 'I will not be your slave!' she screams fire blasting out from her. She's already to weak so not much comes out but I still get burnt. I feel Loki's hand coming off my wrist as he disappears to protect himself. I run towards Valarie as she collapses on the floor as Lance's man come pouring out from the shed behind her. The Avengers fight Lance's men as I chase Valarie inside and into a room filled with everything she stole.

'It's all here,' she tells Loki and I.

'I knew you didn't betray us,' Loki says.

'Don't hurt her, just capture her,' Thor yells as he enters the illusion no longer on his face. 'What...what's going on?' he says.

Val smirks and falls to the ground. Loki notes all her injuries and tells the nurse back at the castle. I want to go out and kill the people that hurt her but Loki quickly grabs hold of my mind and controls it so I can't.

'Last month when I stole your gold, I left a note on the floor. Raven must have gotten it. I sent the address to here. I told Raven only to tell Loki and the rest of the Avengers. I couldn't have you two knowing, on what my living conditions were.'

'So, you never betrayed us?' Alec's voice fills the room. I remain silent.

'No, never. Not intentionally,' Val gets up and slowly walks over to her husband. 'I'm sorry,' she says. He laughs and holds her tight. 'Jesus Val, looks like we need to feed you.'

Val laughs and nods. She looks over at her father but he turns away and leaves. Val turns to Loki.

'Uncle...'

'I will talk to him,' he replies. He lets go of my mind as Val moves towards me. I gaze at her silently and this time she actually meets my gaze.

'Thank you, and I am so sorry for shooting you.'

I laugh halfheartedly. 'Not the first time.'

Val smirks and turns to leave the room but stops as the Avengers come in. Val spots Cap and immediately runs to him and hugs him. I slip past them following Loki outside, slamming open the door that leads outside. Thor turns around as we come out. I look around scowling as I take in the bodies and the unconscious men. I walk over to one and kick it. His eyes open and gazes up at me. I pull out my dagger and kneel down to stab him when someone grabs hold of my arms and drags me away from him. Once I'm five meters away they let go. I get up from the ground and face them. It Thor and Loki. Loki twirls my dagger around in his hand. I look down at my hand and realize he took it when he grabbed my arm.