Healing

Valarie falls to the ground while Loki leans on his brother. I hunch over gasping as the anger leaves me. Valarie makes a small green-brown ball in her hand and it gets bigger until it covers all of us. I quickly cast a portal until I'm away from it leaving a clone there until the ball has disappeared. I teleport back to where I was and cast an illusion over me to look like I was healed. I glare at Valarie. She ignores me and stands up.

'I want to go home,' Val says as she walks to the quin jet. The moment we are all on and some of us have found seats I watch as Val actually sits down. The pain builds up making it easier to fall asleep on Loki's shoulder. 

Wake up. We're nearly home, a comforting voice enters my head. I groan inwardly as I open my eyes and sit up rubbing at my neck. Tasha and Cap both throw me a weird look as I lean forwards resting my tired head on my hands supported by elbows planted firmly on my knees. Someone runs his hand through my hair.

You should have let her heal you, he tells me.

Nah. That's not what I do, I bite my tongue.

The ship lowers and Loki stands up and holds his hand out for me. I lift my head and sigh. I unwrap and take his hand letting him pull me up to my feet. I throw a quick glance around as all the Agents frown and look at me oddly. I scowl at them and follow Loki out of the door. Horses are already waiting for us. I swing up onto mine, swearing softly under my breath as pain flows through me. I look up as Valarie walks out. Blood drips off her. Her clothes are soaked in blood. I feel my face pale and my illusion shows them that.

'Val...stay still!'

She laughs and lights herself up. 'I'll see you at home!' she says while taking off into the sky. I race my horse towards the castle and only just see as guards run towards her.

'Your Majesty are you alright?' they call out as they pick her up. I jump off my horse and run towards them. Valarie passes out in the guard's arm. The two guards lift her up and begin to carry her inside when one of them realises I'm here.

'Raven, would you mind running ahead and warning the nurse,' the guard asks. I glare at him. I hate being told what to do but this time I'll do it. I race ahead down the corridor and open the door to the infirmary. I take a step in and collapse on the floor.

'Oh god!' someone yells out. I pull myself up and take her arm. She walks with me to a chair. I sink gratefully on to it.

'Valarie. She needs help,' I tell her.

'How bad?' she continues to fuss over me.

'Leave me alone. She's lost a lot of blood and took a few series hits to the head. The guards are bringing her in.'

The nurse falters but continues to fuss around me poking at places. I push her away.

'I said leave me alone.'

'You have injuries that need to be seen to.'

I scowl and get rid of the illusion. The nurse drops back a little. 'Deal with Valarie first or I will disappear and you won't be able to help me,' I threaten. I know the nurse loves nothing but to help me heal. It's weird. The nurse nods and looks up as the guards walk in carrying Valarie. The nurse points to the bed and the guards lay her down.

'You go and get me the apprentices. I need their help,' the nurse points to the skinnier guard. I watch him as he runs out. A lot of these people I don't remember saving. Like the guard and the nurse. The nurse moves around the room as the other guard slowly backs to the door.

'And you, help Raven to the other bed,' the nurse calls out as she opens cupboards and runs into the next room. I hear water running. A healing bath. The guard throws a look over his shoulder at the nurse then turns back to me.