Few hours of fun

A few minutes later I watch Thor follow his daughter into her home and a minute later I hear their voices from my old room. I enter the room and trip over a bear. I fall, my hands hitting the ground hard. Valarie laughs at me as I lower my head, hiding my face from her as I grit my teeth trying to push back the anger.

'Wow thanks,' I sneer as I look up. I glance around the room confused but my face doesn't show it. There are two cots where my bed and desk used to be. She grabs her keys and pulls me off the ground. 'Come on clumsy, we are going to see the kids then go into town.'

As we walk out of the house, I see Valarie going to speak but I looked at her firmly. I didn't want to talk. We had nothing to say. She hesitates then stops. I open the car door and let it slam behind me, waking Valarie out of her silent trance. She starts the car and begins to drive. She goes to speak again but I hold up a tired hand to silent her.

'What the hell is so wrong with me wanting to speak!' her grip tightens on the steering wheel. 'Give me a blood good reason. If it is about you losing control, I will kick your ass. If it does happen, I will protect myself,' she relaxes her grip and takes a deep breath. 'You don't understand how much I need you. If you ever need me don't be afraid. After Alia and Nicholas Dad gave me some more fighting lessons. I am st..." she yawns, "Stronger."

'Too strong,' I mutter under my breath.

'What was that?' she says while death staring at me. 'I dare you to say that a little louder.'

'Fuck you bitch,' I growl. 'I don't get it! How can you act so perfect! How! How in the fuck do I stay normal Valarie? You act and pretend like everything is a walk in the park and that you are the best fucken person there is. You want to have a perfect family yet you try to pull it apart!' I clench my hands. Calm down. Calm down, I repeat in my head to myself.

'Says fucken you!' she snaps back.

My arm muscles twitch as I stop myself from lashing out.

'You destroyed the family as soon as you left. Because of you and all the fucken stress. It's a miracle I and my baby's survived,' she tells me.

'So, everything that you've been through was my fault!?' I snap back.

'That's not what I am saying!' she watches the road her muscles tight. 'What I am saying is I can't afford losing you again. Do you understand where I am coming from? Someone who has been in your life protecting you and keeping you from killing yourself. When they leave it feels like your whole world has crumbled. I'll disappear for eleven months at the toughest time and let's see how you fucken last. Give me the cue to leave and I'll do it!' she's lost her shit.

'Don't,' I mumble.

'Speak!' she yells loudly. Her voice echoing in the car. I flinch and move slightly away from her.

'Please don't,' I whisper.

'Raven I know you have had trouble controlling your spells, when I was mastering my powers a few years ago I wasn't able to use both my powers at the same time it would have killed me if I did. I learnt how to properly control them, you can too. I don't know how to do spells because it's not my strength. But I will do my best,' the car come to a stop in the garage.

I look out the window at the forest in silence. That means nothing to me.

'Look Raven, I love you, we love you and we don't want to lose you again,' she jumps out of the car and waits for me. I walk to her side. What she doesn't know is that she's lost me ages ago.

'Stay by my side, the pack doesn't exactly like outsiders. So, stay by me and you will be fine.'

Great comfort, I think. We walk into the building at what looks like a reception and I hear Valarie asking where Alec is, once she has an answer, she begins walking down a hall. I chase her and once I'm in step I stay by her side. She knocks on a door and we walk in. Alec sits behind a desk filling out papers while some chick tries to flirt with her. The babies in the cot begin crying. Valarie looks at me, shrugs and a moment later picks up the girl, rocks her and puts her down in a pram. She picks up the boy and put him in the pram. She then begins pushing the pram back and forwards.