Snowing inside

'You better wake up now.'

I shake my head and roll onto my side. Someone sighs than they grab hold of me under my arms and lift me up in to a sitting position. I groan.

'Fine, I'm awake.' They let go and I immediately fall back and hit my head on something wooden. My eyes open and I sit up quickly rubbing my head where I hit the windowsill. Father stands by my side his eyes looking out at something. He looks down at me and a small smirk appears on his face. I scowl at him but then I hear a car. I look up as a black SUV drives down Valarie's driveway. I lean on my elbows and watch it with the binoculars I keep up in the room. It pulls up in front of her house and she jumps out. She walks straight inside. I turn around and face Loki.

'You still worry about her, don't you?'

'She's mine,' I tell him firmly. His hand reaches out for my arm but I move away from him.

'Raven,' he sighs.

'Leave me alone,' I move past him and start down the stairs.

'Daughter...you need to make up your mind. Either you repair your friendship with Valarie or you get rid of it. You can't keep doing this.'

'Why not?' I spin around and face him. 'Why not? Why can't I do this? Why can't I keep her at a distance but still be friends with her?' I look around me than back at him. I laugh. 'Why am I even listening to you? You don't know shit about friendships or relationships.'

He doesn't speak. He doesn't even show any emotion. But his fist breaks his disguise. Fear settles through me. Fear and anger but I can lie too. I move up to him and hold his fist in both of my hands. His arm and hand muscles twitch in shock.

'I want to be friends with her but I also want...need to keep her safe from me.'

His hand tightens than relaxes. 'I will let you sort out your friendship with Valarie by yourself but you can't keep running off and turning up late to meals. You are only enforcing what they already think about you.'

'I saved them,' I snap.

'You saved some of them,' he corrects. 'They are missing their family and friends.'

I shrug. 'Necessary sacrifice. We can't always save all of them.' I put the binoculars back away in the cupboard underneath the seat. 'And what do they think about me?'

He doesn't reply. I look up. He's avoiding my gaze. I frown.

'I'm not going to go around and hurt or kill them. I just want to know what they say about me. Let's say for future reference?'

He shakes his head. 'No. It does not matter what they say.'

Anger still rages through me and I clench my jaw. I force myself to take a deep breath and slowly let it out relaxing my muscles at the same time. 'Fine. Don't tell me,' I turn and make my way down to my room.

The servant that brought in my dinner two hours ago kneels over my plate. I look at her and teleport myself into Thor's throne room, ready to ask him some questions but instead I hear Valarie's voice.

'I am going to New York for a couple of days. I want some new books and I need to speak to someone.'

'Why can't you get new books from the store in town?'

'Their book selection is terrible with old outdated books that I have already read. So, I need brand new books,' I look around the column. Valarie is forcing herself to smile. To anyone else it would look genuine but I know it's not. She does have some sense. The books are old and outdated but there's a quite a huge selection.