Imposter

A few minutes later we enter the dungeons and not to long after that Ryan unchains me and locks me in a cell. I look around the boring cell and sit on the floor in front of the door.

'Ryan I'm bored!' I call out. I watch pleased as my guard comes back.

'Sorry Raven I'm not allowed to get you anything orders from the queen.'

'Wait does anything include food and drinks?' I ask.

He disappears. 30 minutes later...I played on my phone the whole time, he comes back. 'Afraid so.'

'Yeah go and tell Thor and Valarie that,' I say. He looks uncertain but then I remove my illusion on my hand. He sees that cast and nods. I watch him as he leaves. I lean against the wall and continue playing on my phone trying to beat my high score.

'You know we are meant to be there together, isn't that what we said when we were younger? That we would one day end up in prison together,' Valarie's voice breaks the silence. I look up and see her smirking.

'Yeah well this ain't my first time and you keep nicking off every time just as I'm been thrown in,' I shrug. 'Anyway, what you doing?' I see the book in her hands. 'Oh, nice book. Thor's old diary about his secret lover?' I tease.

She laughs and nods.

'Wait for real?'

'Yep, every single detail.'

'Ewwy. I wouldn't read all of it. Just the important parts. Not the sex parts obviously.'

'Eww Raven,' she wrinkles her nose in disgust. I laugh and throw a random rock that just happened to be in The Space at the barrier.

'Yes, Raven there's a barrier there.'

'Yeah, do something about it. Preferably get rid of it and get me out of here. Your bitch of a mother got the shits and decided to lock me down her for three days with no drinks or food or toys,' I pretend to sulk crossing my arms so my cast arm is on the outside where she can see it.

'Of course, Your Highness,' she bows to me.

'Don't Valarie,' I say moving forwards looking around making sure no one else can see us. 'Valarie you can't ever say that or bow to me. If you get caught doing that you will get in trouble,' I warn her. Her smile slips of and she straightens up. 'IF they catch me.'

'Valarie please don't. You will possibly lose your right to the throne...just don't do it ever again okay. Now go and get me out of here. Your father said he'll talk about it later but I'm already bored and he's taking for ever to get down here.'

'Ok,' she turns to Alec. 'Take this and hid it at home.'

Alec nods and kisses her on the cheek.

'Gross, hurry up and leave Lover boy,' I say while lying down on the bench.

'Ok, time to put the serious face on.' Val moves towards the stairs leading back up to the castle.

'Don't get caught,' I call out. She runs up the stairs and I gaze up at the ceiling in silence.

As my phone reaches only fifty percent battery left, nearly two hours later, my father finally decides to visit me...in clone form of course.

'Raven,' he sighs.

'Hi. Wondered when you were going to arrive,' I sit up.

'When will you learn?'

'Learn what?' I stand up straight and face the clone.

'Learn that you can't go around arguing with everyone.'