eight

He bounced purposefully as he went down the hall, smiling and speaking to doctors who laughed as they saw us.

We went into my room, immediately quieting at the look of my parents still sleeping into each other.

He set me on my bed carefully, making me fall back into it- exhaling.

"I'm going to go sign some paperwork quickly- I should be done in maybe ten minutes, but just in case anything happens- press this button and either Ashton, myself or a nurse will come." He spoke.

"Okay- thank you" I smiled, observing the button before I watched him smile and leave the room, pulling the door behind him.

It didn't take very long until I crawled under the sheets, giving into my body's desire to sleep.

Calum.

Twenty minutes after I had left, I returned to check in- seeing her mom and dad awake and packing as she sat up in the best, clearly just awoken- holding her blankets tight around her shoulders.

"How's everyone doing this morning?" I spoke, catching her parents attention.

"Oh- just great" her mom smiled.

"Thank you again for watching over her- she has a debit card and I'll make sure money stays on it incase she wants or needs anything, here is my own and my husbands phone number Incase you have any questions or concerns- and you have all of her other hospital files and information," she spoke, making me confirm her with a nod.

"Okay- well then, I think we're all set, can she walk with us out?" Her mom asked.

"Yeah, I'll walk her back here" I nodded firmly.

I gave them distance, following a good distance behind with Ashton- who predicted how sad this was going to be.

We watched the three of them talk outside of the rental car her parents had.

We watched her dad and her hug- pulling away, making her mom break into cries- pulling Sky into a tight hug.

Sky held strong, she watched them drive away- which I'm sure was killing her on the inside.

She turned towards us once they were out of sight- clearing her throat.

"Can I go back to bed?"