thirty-six

He calmed me down until I was no longer crying, just hiccuping into his chest, laying almost on top of him due to how he laid down in the bed.
Someone entered, making me quickly look- seeing Luke

"Aw, what's wrong?" He immediately asked, seeing my shape.

I laid my head back onto Calum's chest, letting him speak for me.

"Michael is reviewing her scans to tell me whether the cancer has spread to her hip or not" He spoke.

Luke didn't respond, he simply joined us, sitting on the edge of the bed, putting his hand on my knee.

We all sat in silence besides myself sniffing or hiccuping.

I felt Calum's lips press to my forehead just as Michael and Ashton entered, no happiness on their face.

Michael held a folder with my name printed on it several times.

Michael sat in a chair closest to my body, looking to me.

"It's there" he spoke slowly.

Calum squeezed me tighter instantly.

"Luckily, we caught it early and there isn't much of a mass, but there certainly is one." He spoke, looking between Calum and me.

"We need to do a surgery to remove the mass before it grows to an excessive extent" he spoke.

"I don't want surgery" I spoke quietly.

"We don't have any options, Sky" Ashton spoke.

"But it doesn't even hurt- how do I have cancer but no pain- there isn't even a knot" I spoke quickly, knowing I most probably would've noticed a pain or knot in that area.

"The reason you don't feel pain is because you're constantly on some form of pain relief- because if you weren't the chemo would make you cry constantly because of what it does to your body" Luke chimed in.

"Let me see if I can find a knot" michael hummed, standing and coming closer.

This immediately made Calum move to where I was laying on my back, Calum on his side, holding my hand.

Michael gently touched the outer edges of my hip, eventually moving his hands on the inside of my sweatpants, focus taking over his face as he moved his hands around my hip.

"Calum can you move her hip to a ten degree angle towards you" He spoke, making Calum immediately grab my knee, carefully pulling it to him the slightest amount, which certainly wasn't a comfortable position.

Instantly I felt his fingers push a spot that made the whole right side of my hip break into pain.

"That hurt" I quickly panicked, trying to pull my leg from Calum's grip.

"There it is" Michael spoke, his hand not pushing, but still sitting over the spot.

"Hand me a sharpie" michael asked quickly, making Ashton immediately move to grab one.

I watched as Michael drew a small circle around the area, nodding at his work.

"Okay, you can let her relax" he spoke to Calum, making Calum slowly let my knee go.

"What's the circle for?" I asked him.

"To watch the spot, make sure it isn't getting bigger too fast" michael nodded slowly.

"So we have to schedule surgery" Calum spoke slowly.

I put my hand over the spot, rubbing over the area, feeling the smallest lump.

"I can squeeze her in whenever, I'm not overbooked" michael hummed.

Calum's head hit my shoulder as I stared to the ceiling

"When do you want to do it?" Calum asked me slowly.

Never.

"I want my mom to be here" I spoke quietly.

"Okay, lets call her and see what she can do" Michael spoke immediately, grabbing the hospital phone.

I sat up with Calum, dialing my moms number slowly, putting it on speaker.

Calum's arm went around me.

"Let me tell her, okay?" Calum said slowly.

After a few rings I heard her happy voice, something I missed

"Hello"