fourty

I woke up to the cold feeling of a stethoscope touching my chest.

I hummed lightly.

"Sorry, I know it's cold" Ashton's voice whispered.

"I'm tired" I whined as he pulled away.

"Hello Tired, can you please roll on your side so I can listen to your lungs"

I rolled my eyes at his horrible joke, letting him listen to my lungs.

"Did you eat anything past midnight?" Ashton questioned.

"No" I hummed lightly.

Just as Ashton nodded, Calum and Michael entered.

"You're going into surgery in about thirty minutes pretty girl" Calum smiled

"Great" I hummed out.

"I want to check that spot" michael spoke, moving my sheets back, bending the waistband of my shorts.

His hands ran over the spot, he did it a few times before pulling away, nodding to me.

"Any questions about the surgery?" He asked.

I had so many

"Explain what happens" I spoke

"Well- in about ten minutes Calum and I are going to leave and go start prepping and scrubbing in, while we're doing that Luke and Ashton are going to stay with you-" "Calum isn't staying with me?" I asked immediately.

I didn't expect Calum to leave me

"No, he's got to scrub in, but you'll see him before you're asleep-" "you've gotta step out of me being your comfort zone" Calum spoke with a proud smile.

I rolled my eyes lightly, looking back to Michael, who immediately continued.

"The guys are going to tell you what to change into- Luke is going to start your IV, you're going to get a sedative and then you'll be brought to a scrub room where they'll sanitize you and make sure there's no germs anywhere before you're brought into the OR" michael spoke slowly.

"Ashton will prep you in the OR and give you another sedative- and then we'll come in, talk to you for a little bit and then we'll put you to sleep" Calum finished slowly.

"And then I wake up" I spoke

"And then you wake up surrounded by all of us" michael nodded in agreement.

"I read something online that said that sometimes surgeons go in and find more cancer- what's the probability-" "lets not even mention that" Calum quickly spoke.

"We pray we don't find more cancer."