Sparing

The sound of metal against metal filled the air. Breathing became dense and the sweat began to trickle down the young trio's faces.

"Why are you so predictable, brother of mine?" Nyx giggled as she pressed her sweaty palm against the flat portion of her sword, pushing down to press Thor's sword to the ground. Nyx had only a split second to jump away from his predictable curve of the tip of his sword.

Once skidding backwards, Thor's sword was swung upright into the air, causing an earsplitting noise to conjure from his sword as it whipped through the air. Nyx landed on her feet with a soft grunt, still seeming to keep her cocky composure towards her brother. Then suddenly, giving Nyx only a few seconds to plan out her next move, she was given an eery vibe that ran through her veins like her own blood were made of feelings.

Nyx smirked, nevertheless not afraid of what she knew was coming up from behind her. Although she was so young and didn't know for sure if her brother was going to project a double behind her, her instinct was to follow her gut. So without thinking, Nyx curled inward and rolled out of Thor's potential reach, thus accidentally throwing him into a pair of daggers that seamlessly appeared in front of Thor.

Loki appeared out of thin air, mischief present on his pale face. Although his victim was meant to be Nyx, he was even more joyous when his daggers slid past his brothers biceps and through to the other side. Nyx found her footing and watched as Loki smirked devilishly at Thor as Thor's expression was of complete horror.

"Also" Nyx mentioned, causing Loki's attention to advert from Thor to her while Thor struggled to remain on his feet but failing as he crumpled to his knees. Thor's sword fell from his grip and once Thor fell to his knees, knelling in front of Loki, Loki lost his grip on the daggers planted in either of his brothers arms.

"Both you intolerable half-pints seem to be ever so foreseeable" Nyx rolled her eyes as she instinctively fell beside Thor with her sword in one hand and a gaseous purple glow in her other.

Nyx looked up at Loki with a congratulatory nod before her gaze fell to her older brother. Nyx delicately pulled the double blades from her brothers shoulders, watching as he cried and winced in pain, then stared down at the blood spilling from his arms.

"Now this is why we wear armor, dear brother" Nyx sighed disapprovingly, only adding to her charming ways. Nyx prepared herself before settling either of her hands, now exhaling a mist of purple glow, on Thor's chubby cheeks, then looming around for her brothers stare.

"Who shall I cast pain on today?" she wondered, looking up into Loki's soft, blue gaze that seemed to hold a world of misbehavior. Young Loki smiled, "A Frost Giant" Loki's gaze seemed to lighten with humor at the thought.

"I can try" Nyx said before her eyes fell into Thor's, and suddenly she was no longer in her own body, but her brothers. Going deep through the veins of his arrogant eyes and into a branch of blood flow that ran to his injury. Nyx was seeing a flash of red and blue within seconds before feeling her shoulders ache with pain. She managed to control the pain and before she knew it she felt the warm sting in her arms as they fell from her older brothers skull. The injury transferred to Nyx in seconds as she soaked up Thor's pain.

She sucked in a tight breath of air before pushing Thor back several feet, leaving her room to find comfort in the pain for a brief moment. She then shut her eyes tightly and searched the galaxy for the mind she seeked. It took only minutes of pain to find someone relevantly close enough to her victim.

The Frost Giants had no recollection of Odin's daughters powers, nor could they figure it out. So as long as the Front Giants didn't suspect anything of Asgard, Odin had no reason to find out about his daughter's healing powers for destruction on enemies.

Nyx cringed away at the dimming pain in her body as she transferred the wounds to a guarding Frost Giant. Nyx finally gasped for a breath when her eyes shot open in sympathy for her brother.

"Nyx" Thor was the first to come to her side. Loki remained stood, seeming to tower above the pair as they lay relieved at his feet.

"I'm okay, Thor. Just hurts, you know that" she brushed the tops of her thighs with her hands and pulled herself to her feet. Five year old Loki watched as his sister got to her feet with the hilt of a sword in one hand and the other lain limp by her hip.

"Backstabber!" hints of sarcasm highlighted Nyx's words as she spoke to young Loki. She shook her head with an amused smile, walking back towards the door that led to the weapons room. "Me of all people." she teased.

But before she could reach the door Loki rode up from behind her, stopping her from getting past.

"It's all fun and games, Nyx" he smirked, narrowing his eyes in a way that contorted Loki's face in a way only he could get away with.

Nyx rolled her eyes and walked through Loki, feeling he was only playing tricks on her, overusing his powers for she could predict nearly every move he made.

Where Loki could search for mischief, Nyx could see through both Thor and Loki like parchment paper and glass. But with Thor, he was easier to read. He was arrogant, even at such a young age of fourteen. All he craved was sparing, sneakily digging his way through Odin's alcohol, and becoming King.

"Congratulations" Nyx spoke, not bothering to turn and speak to the projection of Loki for she knew he could hear her from a few feet behind. Once Nyx turned to the shelf that held an empty spot where the sword she was borrowing was suppose to be placed, she turned and saw both Thor and Loki standing side by side as they watched Nyx hang up her sword.

"You've injured a Frost Giant..." she trailed off with her hands on her hips. Loki stared at her expectantly, with big, curious eyes drilling holes into her skin.

"But this dork stabbed me, nearly got you, and still managed to do both" Thor's voice had already hit a deeper tone than before.

"You're observation skills are on point today, Thor. Golden star for you" Nyx wanted to laugh at how oblivious Thor's statement was but restrained against it.

Thor sighed, which caused his chest to heave heavily before falling flat again. Loki hadn't moved from his spot beside Thor with his hands crossed over his small frame.

"All things must be balanced. Without that... there would be nothing but chaos" her words fell to a stern tone. Both Thor and Loki had no response towards their sisters remark, but only left them in utter surprise that what she said made sense, and they were to live by that statement for the rest of their lives.

Short lil glimpse of the past. My first few updates will be little snippets of memories that Nyx holds dearly to her. So I hope you enjoy. I love y'all!

-V