Lost and Found [Part 2]

~Peter's P.O.V.~

I... I did it. I escaped!!! I'm free!

But... What do I do now? I'm just a small 10 year old.

Change out of my ugly HYDRA mission gear, that's for sure.

There's a nearby charity drive that has a lot of donations and I doubt the organizers would mind if I grabbed a few random scrap pieces of clothing.

Walking around the area, I found a public restroom and changed into my new clothes. Well, they're not mine but I took them so I'll just count it.

I walk out the cubicle and look at the mirrors.

I see a brunette boy and... Star wars?

"May the force be with you?" I read out what I saw on the shirt. Huh. Never mind. I need to find a place to stay.

I walk out of the public restroom, trying to act as normal as possible. Well, as normal as you can when you look like you came from a war which is not that far off.

"Oh hey dude, nice outfit you got there. Are you a star wars fan? That's cool! I love star wars so much! What do you think about princess Leia? She's so badass right? Oh my, you have the same colour hair as Luke Skywalker! Do you do cosplays? I'm Ned by the way!" A guy says. He looks Asian and he's... Plump.

"Sorry, I... Have to go." What? I'm 10. HYDRA may have trained me but they never taught me how to get out of these situations.

There's a small shelter near by that looks ok so I start running there. I need a place to stay. I need a place to stay. Where's a good place to stay.

"Sorry kid. Our shelter's full for the night." A nice looking man says before gently nudging me out of their shelter.

Well, I'm still going to need a place to stay.

"Get out you brat! We don't want dirty mice here!" A mean lady shouts from another shelter.

Well that wasn't very nice.

Shit. It's getting dark. Nobody's willing to let me stay. What do I do? What do I do? What should I do-

"Hey there little fella, shouldn't you be at home? My, you're in a bad condition." A kind looking man said while bending down.

"I-I don't have a home. Or a place to stay..."

"Why don't you come and stay with me. I'm sure my wife will be fine with you. The authorities might question me for bringing in a random stray but May can get you fixed up. I'm Ben, Ben Parker for your information." Mr Parker says.

"I'm Peter... I think." I quietly responded.

"Come on, take my hand." He lifts his hand and stands up. I get a really warm and fuzzy feeling in me as I take his hand and walk with him. He's really tall.

We walk for a while. Suddenly, he pulls me into a really big train he calls the Subway. It has a lot of people and smells like absolute trash.

I curl up next to him and fall asleep, feeling safe and happy.

When I wake up, I'm on a big and comfortable chair. It's extremely soft as well. There's a blanket covering me and it makes me feel really small. Which I am but hush.

"I see your awake. May took the liberty of bandaging up your wounds and placing a spare blanket we owned on you. Not surprised. She loves kids and now, having you, she can let out all of her motherly instincts." Mr Parker says from behind the "chair".

"Hello there, I'm May, May Parker. Welcome to our humble abode." A tall, long haired woman said.

"Hello." I said from my spot on the "chair". I look up at her from the arm of the "chair" with the blanket atop my head.

"I see your comfortable there. How would you feel if we adopt you, young Peter? That'll make you Peter Parker." Mrs Parker said.

"That- that sounds nice. Thank you!" I could get used to being Peter Parker.

"Well, that settles it. I'll talk to the local lawyer and it'll be official." Mr Parker says. Well now that they've adopted me I should call them something else. I'll start with just their names.

So... Ben and May. Ben and May Parker.