Tough Love (Chapter Dua)

The wierd and wonderful things Ao3 has to offer like the blue line next to this, the extremely big Notes and  Chapter Text.

Notes:

I'm going to publish a chapter once every two days. If I forget, all of you are allowed to spam me.

Chapter Text

“Parker!” Steve shouted, when he saw the kid at the entrance of the tower. This is Spiderman? He thought with disbelief. The kid was wearing an oversized sweatshirt which he was compulsively pulling at the strings of, and his head was turning in all directions so rapidly, he was getting tired watching him exude that much energy. All that energy focussed on him as the security guards brought Peter over and Steve swore he heard a tiny ‘ohmygod’ under his breath.

“Um, hi “said Peter breathlessly “You’re Captain America…. Wow…. You are a lot bigger than I thought. I mean in a good way. I mean not good in that way but- “

“Hi, nice to meet you Parker” Steve said smilingly, stopping his fanboy rambling and holding out his hand to shake. “I’ll take him up” he added to the guards as he led Peter to the elevator.

“Um so where are we going?” asked Peter, his voice an octave higher betraying his nervousness.

He had already met Tony Stark and was barely over that that and now he was going to meet all of them? 

Starstruck though he was by the tower and the fact that he was going to meet actual superheroes, he couldn’t forget the real reason he was here. They didn’t trust him. 

Before his question was answered the elevator doors opened to the common room and Peter blinked in disbelief. It was like he had been suddenly ushered on stage with a spotlight on him, and the audience were the avengers. Steve walked out briskly and Peter followed behind cautiously.

“You look like you think we are going to kill you” Tony pointed out bluntly. He didn’t acknowledge Peter’s eager wave and high pitched “Oh hi Mr. Stark!”

“Well, although she,” he continued, pointing to Natasha, “might already have 116 different ways to do so, I can assure you with an admittedly questionable amount of confidence that she won’t. But I might.” He got straight to the point, uncaring that Natasha, Bruce, Bucky, Rhodey, Clint and Vision were waiting in the room to be introduced. “So, lets summarize. After I confiscated the multimillion-dollar suit that you hacked into, after you almost killed a ferry load of people and interfered with the cops handling the case and after I told you not to, you decided to confront the Vulture yourself- “

“Mr. stark, I- “Peter winced. He really hadn’t expected Mr. Stark to be all that mad about his disobedience because he did end up saving all his stuff from the weapons guy! Also, he was literally surrounded by the avengers and now, was about to get reprimanded for something that he thought was quite heroic.

“No. Zip it. The adult is talking” Tony hissed. “You then got into an altercation outside a school full of unarmed kids, confronted the Vulture and somehow managed to damage a building to the point where it collapsed.”

“I’m pretty sure that building did a lot more damage to me than I did to it” muttered Peter mutinously.

“What was that Parker?” asked Steve in a dangerously innocent tone.

Before he could even answer, Tony continued on his rant “And whose fault is that! I had 20 different ways I could have gotten you out of there if I knew what you were doing! But of course, since you were blatantly disregarding everything I told you, there was no way I could do anything.”