Statue (Part ①)

"Peter, we'll be going to the statue this afternoon, are you joining us?" Liz asked.

The rest of the Acadec were standing by her, some hyped up, others bored.

Peter had missed the previous two meet ups, not on purpose but because he was injured then sick. He had not been able to respond beforehand because of that so now they were asking him.

"Sure, I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen?" Peter said. Aunt May had already known of the "field trip" to the statue.

"I mean, the statue could crumble and got us." MJ said nonchalantly then shrugged.

"Enough about that, everybody, board the bus. We'll reach in about 20 minutes." Liz said while guiding them up the floating bus.

Now, you must be very confused, huh? Let me explain.

Thousands of years ago, a group of heroes we know as 'The Avengers' fought the mad Titan, Thanos.

Somewhere along the fight, the heroes had somehow turned to stone and the war had stopped.

Some of the heroes that were in space were recovered.

We only say that the war had stopped as Thanos had left and disappeared and peace was restored.

Well, as much peace as possible given that the world just lost their heroes and global warming was getting worse.

The infinity stones had disappeared as well, some speculated that they were inside the statue, others speculate that Thanos had taken all of them and not only failed in achieving his goal, he had destroyed the stones in the process.

Legend says that if you were destined to be a hero, touching the statue would turn the heroes back from stone.

Though most people have already forgotten the legend as it never made sense.

Now, in 6098, technology has advanced to something the heroes of the past could only dream of.

Vehicles flew and the cities were all covered in individual domes connected by tunnels to help with global warming and radiation.

Oxygen was made by combining chemicals and released into the air via machines that looked sort of like the lorax's traffula trees.

There were still trees of course. Nature was everywhere. Mankind had seen to it that they did not repeat the same mistake.

This meant disposing much of their technology at the time and restarting.

Difficult at first but perseverance had pulled them through.

And with that, the acadec team had arrived.

"Everybody check your seats to make sure you haven't left anything behind." Liz shouted as she walked down the aisle to the back entrance all while making sure no one was asleep still.

After everyone had exited the bus and confirmed that they were all clear.

"Hope, what is our route schedule?" Liz asked her SComm.

Another thing to explain. SComms were Smart Comms. They had AIs installed and you could do virtually anything you wanted with them.

A holographic list had popped up above the SComm giving Liz all the information she needed.

"Let's head over to the plaque by the side to read up in it." Liz said.

They threaded along the path to the plaque.

The plaque didn't hold much information except for who were the heroes that were turned into stone.

"Captain America? How patriotic is that?" Abe joked. "And his name is Steve! How basic!"