A Winter's Ball of 2019

(Just a random filler chapter because why the heck not. I had to actually whether or not theres prom in college. I'm smart-)

A Few Months Later

~Alex~

I run to the Schuylers' dorm and kick the door open.

"Guys! What the hell is prom?!" I yell.

"Holy crap Alex! You could've just knocked!" Peggy said while walking towards her room.

"Oh well im sorry that I need help..."

"You need a lot more than help if you ask me, alex"

"Shut up!" I quickly covered my mouth because my voice cracked. Peggy stopped walking and look at me.

"What was that Alex?" She says.

"Shut up. Angelica, can you help me?"

"Sorry 'lex. A certain someone asked me out" ang says while leaving.

"Wow, looks like Paine really likes you" I joke.

"Yeah, and considering that voice crack, your voice will never drop"

I go to say something but stop. I actually can't think of a better better insult. I just shrug as she leaves. I rush to Eliza's room and knock on the door.

"Eliza! I need help! What-"

"Alex? Whats wrong? Is maria back!?" She cuts me off.

"Relax 'liza. Im fine. I need help with prom. What is it?"

"Oh. Its basically a dance where you dress up formally. Some people ask out others. Thats about it"

"Yeah i need help with all of that!"

"I'll help but only if you help me" she says.

"Fine! Whatever. Uh what do I do?" I ask.

"You're going with Thomas and John right? Try to curse less and compliment more"

"Hey, thats almost what burr says; talk less, smile more"

"That may or may not be good advice as well. Youre also gonna need something to wear... Do you have a tux?"

"Excuse me, I don't believe we've met. Im Alexander Hamilton, the guy whose most expensive clothing is a tie. I have glasses that are less expensive and i rarely wear them."

"Right. Looks like we're going shopping"

"OR, now hear me out, I get my laptop and coffee, and i just hang out in the closet until prom is over"

She glares at me so i just go with her idea. I really dont want to be set on fire.

It didn't take long to find the nearest store. Let me tell you, shopping is not fun. Shopping with your friend makes it slightly more bearable. Shopping with a friend who may or may not have all knowledge on clothes is not great.

Which why I'm glad I went with eliza and not herc.

"Hey Alex, what about this one?" She pulls out a random black vest with a white shirt and dress pants.

"Ehh maybe. Id rather wear jeans and a button up shirt" I reply.

"You always say that"

"Thats because I'm one of few people who can pull it off. I dont have to dress formal to look formal- Eliza! I found the one!"

"Hm?"

I take out a random green tuxedo

"Really Alex?"

"I like green, fight me"

She pays for the tux and we go back to her dorm. She heads to her room and closes her door.

"Eliza?" I call. "Whats up?"

"This is what I needed your help with" she says before opening the door a few minutes later.

Eliza walks out wearing a light blue dress and a flower crown I didnt even know she had.

"How uh how do i look?"

"...absolutely stunning" I say.

"Hey don't fall for me now, you already have John and Thomas-"

I smile. "Thanks 'liza. You're a real life saver" i say before running out the room.

-------------------------------------------

It feels weird knocking on the door to my own dorm but hey, theres a first for everything.

First person I saw was Jefferson but thats because hes tall and blocks the freaking doorway.

"Hey Thomas. Wheres John?" I ask.

"In his room. You ready for prom?" He says.

"I am 99% sure I'm ready. You?"

"Same"

"Yeah u definitely didn't trip 15 times in the way over here... You know what? Lets just go"

John makes an appearance as soon as I say that.

I don't know why i agreed to prom, im physically incapable of dancing. And i may be incapable of complimenting anyone.

I said one nice thing. One. To eliza. I complemented one person, who im not even dating, once. In my entire life.

"Hey Alex, you wanna dance?"

I turn around so quickly i almost fell.

"Holy shit Thomas! You scared the crap out of me!" I shout.

"Well geez, you couldve just said no" he scoffs.

"No it's not that..."

"So... No dance?"

"Yeah no. Id rather not embarrass myself"

"What, are you scared?"

"I know what youre trying to do and its not gonna work" i start walking towards john.

"I guess that means there's something I'm better at then you-"

"Screw it! Im dancing"

~John~

I manage to find Jefferson in the crowd.

"Hey guys, i found beer- how did you get him to dance?" I ask.

Jefferson looks at me, then back at Alex.

"Magic" he says.

"Wow. I found beer"

"How?"

"Magic"

"Wow. Pass me one, we're all getting drunk!"