Magic Runs In The Family

~Alex~

"I swear if i see Lee again..." I mutter.

"So Alex, whats up with the cuts on your arm?" James caught me off guard.

"W-what?"

"What's up with the cuts? Did you get hurt or something?"

"Uh yeah sure lets go with that..."

John glances towards me and quickly changes the subject.

"Well, since you guys got to see each other again, how about we celebrate by going swimming? There's a lake i know we can go to" He suggests.

"I'm allergic to water" I quickly say.

"You took a shower this morning"

"I'm allergic to swimming"

"Come on Alex, it's just water. You won't get hurt"

"Im pretty sure if i drown, thats considered getting hurt"

"Alex..."

"No. Theres no way you're getting me to the lake" i crossed my arms.

That lasted for about 10 seconds before i was literally carried to John's car, then to the lake.

"I really hate you guys"

"No you don't" Thomas says.

"Im not getting in the pool. I'll just hang out in the shade away from death-"

"Hey Alex! Look what I have!" James had my phone an d i already knew what he was going to do.

"James, don't. You. Dare" I growl.

He throws my phone so i jump in the lake to save it before it could hit the water.

"I hate all of you- holy crap im swimming"

"Your welcome" he says.

I climb out of the water and punch james in the arm. I sit down in the shade while he  jumped in the water.

I hear footsteps behind me.

"Thomas, i swear if you throw me in the water I will end you" I say without turning around.

"Geez, are you sure youre not psychic or something?" He sits down next to me. "So why aren't you swimming?"

"Because water is evil and it nearly killed me AND my phone"

"Ugh, you need to let go of the past"

"I cant believe im saying this but you're right. Actually though, never in a million years did i think I say that"

"Yeah, yeah, i get your point. So... Swim?"

"If theres anything i can say no to, its swimming"

"Come onn"

"Nope"

"Are you suree?"

"Thomas, i would rather find and climb the tallest tree in an orchard and possibly fall"

"Would you fall or let go?"

I go to say something but stop. I swear I've heard someone say something like that before. Or I maybe read it somewhere...

I get up to brush all the dirt off my pants when im practically shoved in the water. Jefferson jumps in a few seconds later. Im so glad i left my phone in John's car.

"Asshole..." I mutter.

"Midget" he smirks.

"So Alex" james starts. "You never introduced me to these guys"

"Oh right! Forgot I should... Probably tell you about that. Actually 2 things..."

I take a quick look around. I wonder if I can literally run from this conversation...

"So James... I'm bisexual and-"

"I knew it!" He yells.

"Geez, I already have glasses, I don't want to go deaf too!" I joke. "But uh yeah. These guys are uh my boyfriends."

"Sorry but its true! You weren't exactly subtle about it"

"Im honestly not subtle about anything. Ask anyone in the college and they'll say the same thing"

Yeah we stayed at the lake for a bit. We didnt really do much so it was less of a celebration and more of just youre usual weekend.

I may or may not have nearly drowned twice. Water is evil.

When we got back to our dorm, i immediately fell on the couch.

"Hey alex, why do you need this?"

I turn to see James with my knife that probably fell out my pocket.

"Uhh no reason... Also, how are you making that float?" I reply.

"Magic. And there's obviously a reason you have a knife" he says.

"Um... Well you see... Hey look over there!" I point towards the window before running out the room.