Part 11

It is the next day in the choir room and I am sitting next to Puck. I watch Mr Shue drawing a stick figure on whiteboard with speech bubble that says, 'HELLO'. He points at the drawing.

(Mr Shue) "Hello. Hellooo?"

Confused everyone says hello back while Rachel says "Hello" loudly. Mr Shue walks to the middle of the choir room.

(Mr Shue) "What do you guys say when you answer the phone?"

(Mercedes) "What up?"

(Artie) "Who dis be?"

(Kurt) "No, she's dead, this is her son."

I cover my mouth.

(Mia) "Awww!"

Mr Shue nods his head.

(Mr Shue) "O-kay. Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of the telephone, liked to say, 'ahoy, ahoy' when he answered the phone. It was Edison who decided that "hello" was a more appropriate greeting. Look. I am really proud of what you guys did at sectionals. But, as most of you have realized by now, it hasn't made a bit of difference in your day-to-day at school."

(Rachel) "I have a slushie-stained training bra to prove it."

(Mr Shue) "Fact is, we're going to have to be better, even more spectacular at regionals. It's time for some reinvention, some new, New Directions. We need a new ... hello. Here's your assignment for the week: Come up with a fresh number, but it has to have "hello" in the song title. Alright?"

><

A few days later, I was walking home and saw Blaine and mum pull up next to me. Blaine rolls down the window.

(Blaine) "Get in! We are going to my school. Don't ask if you have a choice because you don't."

I sigh and then get into the car. We sit in silence until we get to Dalton. Blaine says thank you to mum and we get out of the car and she drives off. We walk into the building and head towards the choir. We go into the choir room and I see Sebastian and I turn around to try and leave but I already see Blaine heading out and closing the door. Sebastian and I look at each other and we run towards the door and try opening it but it wouldn't budge.

(Mia) "Blaine! Let me out!"

(Blaine) "You guys have to talk about it."

I look at Sebastian and the back at the door.

(Mia) "We have nothing to talk about!"

(Blaine) "You guys are so annoyed at each other and it is making me feel awkward!"

(Mia) "Blaine you are so dead!"

(Blaine) "Love you sis!"

I hit my fist against the door and sigh. I look at Sebastian.

(Mia) "We have nothing to talk about."

I walk away towards a chair in the middle of the room. I look up and see Sebastian walk over to the piano and start to play something random. He the looks at me.

(Sebastian) "Maybe we do."

I shake my head at him.

(Mia) "We don't."

(Sebastian) "Mia I am sorry."

(Mia) "I don't care."

(Sebastian) "Blaine told me about your assignment. Song with Hello in the title."

(Mia) "What about it?"

(Sebastian) "Do you have a song yet?"

(Mia) "No I don't."

Sebastian starts to play the piano and I realise that he is playing Hello by Lionel Richie. He then starts to sing. Of course he does.

Sebastian:
"I've been alone with you inside my mind
And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
I sometimes see you pass outside my door
Hello, is it me you're looking for?"

I move over to Sebastian and sit next to him on the stool and can't help but start to sing.

Sebastian and Mia (Mia):
"I can see it in your eyes, I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted, and my arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say, and you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much I love you
(Oh, yeah)"

Sebastian:
"I long to see the sunlight in your hair"

Mia:
"And tell you time and time again how much I care"

Sebastian and Mia:
"Sometimes I feel my heart will overflow
Hello, I've just got to let you know

'Cause I wonder where you are, and I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely, or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart, for I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying I love you
Is it me you're looking for?

'Cause I wonder where you are, and I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely, or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart, for I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying I love you"

Without realising I lean in to kiss Sebastian and he puts his hand on my neck and leans in to kiss me as well. I quickly pull away.

(Mia) "We shouldn't be doing this. I'm sorry."

I stand up and see Blaine opening the door. I run out of the room while hearing Sebastian call my name.