Part 30

It has been a week since Scandals and it has been pretty good. Sebastian and I have talked a lot and it has been pretty awesome. We were in Glee club and Puck and a few of the guys just performed 'Hot For Teacher'. 

(Mr. Shue) "Puck, guys, spectacular! What a way to start off this week! You guys didn't even need an assignment to work on this. You just did it."

(Rachel) "Mr. Schuester, while the performance was excellent--particularly the drumming--don't you think that the subject matter is a little inappropriate?"

(Mr. Shue) "Well, that depends on what Puck's intent was when he chose this song."

(Puck) "I guess I just, uh, dig Van Halen."

(Mr. Shue) "All right! Rock on! Yep, good job, guys."

><

Mr. Shue told us to meet him in the auditorium. Once we got there we saw the Troubletones there. 

(Rachel) "What are you doing here?"

(Mercedes) "Shelby told us she had something to show us. What are you doing here?"

(Finn) "Mr. Shue said the same thing."

(Santana) "Let me guess, he wants to combine choirs for Sectionals. Well, it's not gonna happen. The Trouble Tones are here to stay. So why don't you shuffle your busted choir off our stage."

(Finn) "Look, you guys, we can compete without being enemies. All right? We don't have to get vicious."

(Santana) "Oh, I think we do, Soft Serve. See, the Trouble Tones are 3F: fierce, femme, phenomenal. Oh, and, guys, hurry up, go get some moist towels. We have to keep Finn wet before we can roll him back in the sea."

(Rachel) "Okay, you know what, Santana, Finn is in great shape, and your meanness only highlights your own personal insecurities.)

(Santana) "And, Rachel, your mustache is thicker than a Middle Eastern dictator's.

Suddenly we hear music and...

Shelby:
"It's been a long time since I came around
It's been a long time, but I'm back in town
This time I'm not leaving without you"

Will:
"Ooh, just you and I
Sharing our love together
And I know in time
We'll build the dreams we treasure
We'll be all right, just you and I"

Shelby and Will:
"Something, something about this place (Just you and, just you and I)
Something 'bout lonely nights (Lonely nights)
And my lipstick on your face (Just you and I)
Something, something about my cool Nebraska guy (Something about)
Yeah, something about
Baby, you and I

Just you and I
Sharing our love together
And I know in time
We'll build the dreams we treasure
And we'll be all right
Just you and I

Something, something about this place (Just you and, just you and I)
Something 'bout lonely nights (Lonely nights)
And my lipstick on your face (Just you and I)
Something, something about my cool Nebraska guy (I love you, you and I)
Yeah, something about
Baby, you and I

Oh, you and I
Remember our first embrace
That smile that was on your face
The promises that we made
Ooh, and now your love is my reward
And I love you even more
Than I ever did before

Something, something about this place (Just you and, just you and I)
Something 'bout lonely nights (Lonely nights)
And my lipstick on your face (Just you and I)
Something, something about my cool Nebraska guy (I love you, you and I)
Put your drinks up, for Nebraska
For Nebraska, Nebraska, I love you
You and I
You, you and I
Nebraska, I'd rather die
Without you and I
We made it, you and I"

We all applauded the two. It was surprisingly amazing. 

(Rachel) "Mr. Shue, Shelby, I think we can all admit that that was weirdly amazing. But what exactly was the point?"

(Mr. Shue) "That sometimes bringing together two conflicting things can create something totally unexpected."

(Mercedes) "We're not combining Glee Clubs, Mr. Shue."

(Mr. Shue) "That's not what I'm talking about. Shelby and I agree that with Sectionals coming up for both of us, it's time we all got serious with some friendly competition."

(Shelby) "Each group's going to put together their own mash-up to perform head-to-head."

(Mr. Shue) "For the first annual McKinley High Mash-Off. Mash-Off."

Everyone began to cheer. I am so excited. We can totally beat them.