Part 56

It has been about a week since the fake shooting and it has been weird. I am still kind of distant with people and sit by myself a lot. I talk to Sebastian a bit and it is nice. Sue got fired and the new Cheerios coach is Roz. I dislike her. Not as bad as Sue but I really don't like her. Things have changed here at McKinley. Sam apparently has a twin and Tina has gone to a steampunk phase. It is not like I am any better. My emotions are a rollercoaster, I am a lot more quite, and I am isolating myself a lot. I also get scared more easily as well. We were about to have glee club so I quickly go inside and sit at the back right by myself. I then saw Sam walk into the room and other people did as well.

(Sam) "Guys, have you... seen my twin?"

I shook my head and grabbed a book out of my bag. I was currently reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

(Sam) "Oh! Getting a call. Hold on. Oh, hey. Man, I was just looking for you!"

I started to read the book and I saw Sam as Evan walk in.

(Sam/Evan) "All right, bro. Well, I'll tell 'em you said hi. Oh, yeah, yeah. Have fun at the zoo."

Evan then went and sat down next to me. I heard myself my make a squeaking noise and picked up my bag and ran across to the other side of the room and sat down on the floor. I saw Mr. Shue enter the room and I put my book away. I saw Mr. Shue look at me and look like he was going to say something but decide not to. He then walked into the middle of the room.

(Mr. Shue) "Big news, guys. I just got a direct tweet from the Greater Midwest Regional. High School Show Choir Board of Directors."

Everyone begins to cheer slightly and I just put a thumb up.

(Mr. Shue) "The theme for this year's regionals is... dreams. As you know, some of the past judges we've had haven't been that bright, or that sober, so our best bet is to take the dream theme literally. We'll start out with "Dream Weaver" and then we'll segue into "Sweet Dreams" and we'll bring it home with "You Make My Dreams Come True."

Everyone cheers but I am confused. They are great but so old...

(Mr. Shue) "Marley, you're frowning."

(Marley) "No. I just don't know any of those songs."

(Mr. Shue) "Well, you'll know them soon enough because we're learning them today."

(Marley) "Maybe... could we try some original songs, like you did two years ago?"

(Evan) "Yeah, my twin brother Sam told me you guys totally crushed regionals two years ago with those sweet tunes."

(Mr. Shue) "Well, S... um, Evan, that was a different time and a different team.

(Marley) "Mr. Shue, could we at least talk about the set list? I mean, when Finn was here, we got to help..."

(Mr. Shue) "Do I have to remind you guys how lucky we are to even be at regionals? We're there on a technicality, which means there's absolutely no room for even the smallest of mistakes. Trust me. Anybody else have something they want to say? Great. Brad, warm 'em up."

Well that was fun...

><

We were having a secret glee club meeting in the auditorium without Mr. Shue. Everyone else sat in the middle section with Blaine in front while I sat in the side section. Blaine looked at me confused and gestured for me to come over to him.

(Blaine) "Mia. Come here."

I reluctantly walked over to him and stood next to him.

(Blaine) "As honorary Rachels, I would like to convene this secret meeting of the glee club."