Part 69

What on earth is Sebastian doing here? Why is he at my work place? AHHHH!

(Mia) "What do you want Smythe?"

(Sebastian) "Can we please just talk?"

(Mia) "Why should I talk to you?"

(Sebastian) "I want to talk about what happened."

I sit down in the chair opposite him.

(Mia) "Make it quick. I have work."

(Sebastian) "I am sorry about the way things happened. It is all my dad's fault. He payed the admission board to get me to go to Princeton. But it cost your spot. I didn't even want to go to Princeton. I wanted to go to NYU. But my dad, he gets abusive. I had no choice. He forced me to break up with you. Over text. He gave me no choice in the matter at all and he said he would put me down in the basement for a month if I didn't comply. I am really sorry."

(Mia) "Why are you only telling me this now? We have been broken up for months."

(Sebastian) "Because I didn't think I would have to see you again. I didn't want to put you through us seeing each other but less then an hour ago I got a call telling me to come here and see you. Mia, I am playing JD."

Wow...

(Sebastian) "I am not letting go of this opportunity because of what happened between us."

(Mia) "I am not either."

(Sebastian) "Can you try and deal with me then?"

(Mia) "Fine..."

We just sit there for a bit not saying anything. Just staring at each other.

(Sebastian) "You think you could sing something? Haven't heard you sing in a while."

(Mia) "I guess I could. It has been a while since you have heard my superior voice."

(Sebastian) "Superior? Darling I think you mean I am superior."

I begin to laugh a bit and cross my arms

(Mia) "You're on."

(Sebastian) "Smooth Criminal again? Like the good old days?"

(Mia) "How about something a little different?"

(Sebastian) "What song are you thinking?"

(Mia) "You will find out. And don't worry I know you know this song."

I stand up and extend my hand out to him.

(Mia) "Come on."

He grabs my hand and I lead him up to the stage. We sit down on the piano stool. I adjust the mic to point in the middle of both of us.

(Mia) "Hey everyone! Hope you are having are a nice night. My friend here thinks he is a better singer so I am going to prove him wrong. Hope you enjoy."

I start to play the piano and then begin to sing.

Mia:

"Little do you know

How I'm breaking while you fall asleep

Little do you know

I'm still haunted by the memories

Little do you know

I'm trying to pick myself up piece by piece

Little do you know

I need a little more time

Underneath it all

I'm held captive by the hole inside