Part 22

We were welcoming Kurt to the Warblers I was so excited to have him here. Wes was introducing Kurt.

(Wes) "And now let's welcome the newest addition to the Warblers, Kurt Hummel."

Once the doors opened to reveal Kurt I started clapping loudly and everyone else joined in.

(Wes) "And our oldest tradition for our newest Warbler, an actual Warbler."

(Blaine) "Kurt, meet Pavarotti."

(Wes) "This bird is a member of an unbroken line of canaries who have been at Dalton since 1891. It's your job to take of him so he can live to carry on the Warbler legacy. Protect him, that bird is your voice."

I didn't have to look after Pavarotti. Only because I help Blaine look after him when it was his time to look after him.

(Kurt) "Hey I'll bring him to work with me. Weekends I volunteer at a stray cat rescue. It's at the bottom of a coal mine."

I hit myself in the head. I think he was joking but that was a really bad joke.

(Kurt) "That was a joke, I-I don't work at a coal mine."

Wes the banged his hammer like thing.

"Let the council come to order. Today we discuss the set list for Sectionals."

(Kurt) "Council?"

(Blaine) "We don't have a director. Every year we elect three upperclassmen to lead the group. But don't worry, we all get a say."

(Kurt) "Oh fantastic! I have a lot of ideas. Warblers, if I may? Now I can't deny that the Warblers vocals are absolutely dreamy, but I believe our set for Sectionals this year should have a little more showbiz panache. I think we should open with Rio by Duran Duran."

(David) "The council is responsible for song selection."

(Wes) "But we appreciate your enthusiasm Kurt. It'll come in handy one day when you're sitting behind this desk. Now, I propose we do our entire set at sectionals in eight part harmony."

><

Blaine and I were walking down the halls with linked arms, kind of a twin kind of thing we always do. We were looking for Kurt. We had just talked to Wes about Kurt auditioning for a solo at sectionals and he thought it was a good idea. Blaine and I were going to give Kurt the good news. We the saw Kurt walking a bit in front so Blaine called for him.

(Blaine) "Hey, Kurt, wait up! I saw that Glee Club was hard for you today, seeing your idea shot down like that."

(Kurt) "It's just a different energy in there. Not better or worse, just something I'll have to get used to."

(Mia) "At first I thought that too, but, we recognise that and we have a tradition at this school of rewarding a student with a good attitude, so we'd like to invite you to audition for a solo."

(Kurt) "For sectionals?"

(Mia) "For sectionals. Sing something good."

Kurt started walking in a different direction. Blaine and I started walking again with linked arms. I stopped for a moment.

(Mia) "Do you think this is going to work?"

(Blaine) "I hope so. Let's hope he sings something good."

(Mia) "If this works then we are the wonder twins."

(Blaine) "Agreed."

Blaine  put his hand up and I gave him a high five and we started to walk while laughing.