Part 63

I was walking into the choir room with Blaine. We just went to talk to Mr. Shue and he said that he was going to be stuck in his classroom for the afternoon so Blaine and I are in charge.

(Blaine) "Hey, um, guys! Guys... New Directions! New Directions!"

No one stopped talking and everyone was still being ridiculous.

(Mia) "Everyone shut up!"

Finally everyone decided to shut up and look at us.

(Blaine) "We just ran into Mr. Shue, and he's gonna be stuck in his classroom for the rest of the afternoon because of some school board inspection thing, but he still wanted us to meet so we can start working on ideas for nationals."

(Unique) "Beyoncé!"

Everyone started yelling and Blaine seemed to get annoyed.

(Blaine) "Wait, wait! This is anarchy! We can't... we can't all just shout at the same time."

Everyone stopped shouting and it seemed a bit awkward.

(Blaine) "That's better. I have some ideas already."

I looked over at Blaine confused.

(Mia) "You do?"

(Blaine) "Yeah we talked about this last night."

(Mia) "Oh."

(Blaine) "Anyway, I'm thinking that the music needs to be really simple, so we can really highlight our voices."

Everyone seemed a bit annoyed.

(Blaine) "No guitars, or nothing electronic. We go with a simple piano arrangement. Which I could play."

(Kitty) "I'm assuming you're singing lead?"

(Blaine) "Well, I am a senior, and this is my last go at it. We need to win this."

(Mia) "Wait do I get to sing or am I stuck with back up again?"

(Blaine) "We'll talk about this later."

(Tina) "Well, feels like North Korea up in here."

(Blaine) "Okay, forget the piano. Forget all the music. We could just do, um, a cappella, that always works."

(Unique) "Déjà Warblers. Should we wear matching blazers, too?"

(Mia) "Blaine, we are not the Warblers..."

(Sam) "Let's take it back... What was wrong with the guitars?"

(Blaine) "Nothing, why can't you guys just stop resisting me for a second, and just go with me?"

(Mia) "Blaine..."

(Tina) "Okay, Blaine Jong-il.

(Sam) "Yes! Blaine Jong-Il"

(Blaine) "I am not trying to be bossy. I am trying to give the benefit of my experience. I have won more show choir competitions than anyone in this room."

I cover my face in my hands and walk away from Blaine.

(Blaine) "Mia, come back here."

(Ryder) "You suck."

(Jake) "A cappella is worth a shot."

I look up and look at Jake confused

(Jake) "Let's do it."

(Unique) "Then you two can have fun in your little barbershop couplet while the rest of us discuss something good."

(Mia) "Ok, guys, come on. Blaine is just trying to help. I know his ideas aren't exactly the best and I know for a fact that he didn't talk to me as a fellow 'Rachel' about this last night because I was talking to Sam but he really is trying to help."