1: To be wed

The blinds were up high, the sun's rays angled into her office just like her executive chair to face him. Synthia held a white folder with papers of transactions and other confirmed receipts from flower shops to other services that completes an ultimate wedding.

She heaved breath and looked at her visitor.

"Finally, Cyrus! You're getting married!" she chuckled and clapped her hands after she placed what she was holding on top of her table. Her expression was beyond happy and her voice seemed to be twice as cheery than usual. He was happy that she's happy for himself; but to her, defeated sighs are beneath the giggles. How can she manage to use this delicate yet effective facade of happiness?

Yes, Synthia wants him to be happy— A kind of happiness that includes her; not their Lawyer; not a best friend, but somebody who will spend his life with. She had loved him for so long that she cannot remember when but now they have grown, although together, but too late to even try.

"Hindi ako makapaniwala! Ikakasal na ako in two weeks!"

He was almost at the peak of crying happy tears. While she was ready to cry all the negativity that he seem to never have. Who would be feeling unhappy when you're getting married in two weeks time? Cyrus was bouncing off the walls.

"Are you happy?" She composed herself tightly and smiled. Too late for her to realize how stupid that damn question she blurted out.

Cyrus' smile grew wider and then he nodded.

"Of course, I am so happy! Salamat Syn, hindi ko magagawa lahat 'to kung hindi dahil sayo" Cyrus exclaims and made his way to hug Syn. Synthia didn't look at him as he took his steps she's afraid that he might find something wrong within her unmistakably powerful eyes.

But when he actually had his soft arms around her, her brain went blank and a small smile graced her lips. She wanted to stay close and to feel safe with his hug but there are things that just can't be. As Cyrus gently pulled away, his hands slowly left a touch of warmness for how may seconds before it was gone. And then it just came to her that there was already enough space in between them.

"Atty. Syn, a call from Sir Leonard po—" her secretary peeked on her door.

"Him again?" and she whispered "My god, such pain in the ass!" She complained but picked up her telephone anyway. He looked at her as she sat down gracefully and then he said "Bibili ako ng lunch. Bye."

"Sure" she mouthed before he turned around but eventually looked back at her and gave her a peck on her cheek. My, oh my was she stunned and was unable to react anything or move a little bit at the very least. He has done that uncountable times but still leaves her unresponsive for a little moment.

He laughs at her cute reaction and said proudly "Crush mo talaga ako. Yieee! Haha!" Then he makes his way out to go get some food. While she was still stunned by what he said and what he did. My god, can't be! She says at the back of her mind.

(Hello? Attorney Syn?) The manly voice of her client on the other line snapped her way back to reality as though his voice was a pair of hands that hauled her back to the ground. She blinked and whispered, "Sino nga et—"

"Ah yes, hello" she greeted him. Synthia was still trying to recover from what had happened a few seconds before her client spoke again. (Hi, Atty. Synthia, my brother was your client before and he suggested you to me.)

"Is that so? What can I do for you?"

It took Cyrus 15 minutes to get back to her office with a few plastic bags. She wasn't finished settling the phone call, too many unnecessary things about the lawsuit he wants to put forward which he could just kept short and brief. Synthia was still trying to match and adjust to a plaintiff. Her client wanted his complaint to be filed immediately and wants a subpoena to be sent to the other party.