18: Another Fortrera with a blood of an Arellano

After 8 months of dealing with her weird cravings and different moods, Syn's day finally came.

"Dawn, hindi sumasang-ayon ang anak ko sa sinabi mo. Jusko, ansakit sa tiyan" she shared over the phone. (Masakit? Since when sumakit ang tiyan mo?)

"Kanina lang naman paggising ko. Why?"

(Mag-ingat ka ha. Kindly give the phone to Rio, I'm just gonna give him some instructions) Dawn said. Syn gave the phone to Rio and started munching some brownies beside her.

Rio held her hands and smiled at her as he was talking to Dawn. She looked at him cluelessly and ate the last piece of food on her plate---she wants more.

"Rio... Masakit yung tiyan ko" Syn said. Later on, she felt her water broke.

"Rio, my water just broke! Manganganak na ata ako!" Syn squealed as she was sitting on a rocking chair. Rio immediately dropped the phone call and recalled everything Dawn told him beforehand.

"Babe, relax." he said and carried her to his car. Syn calmed down upon hearing him. Well, he pledged to stay beside her for better or for worse.

Syn tried her best to remain calm but her tummy was hurting as if her baby is poking her insides, wanting to break free.

"Dawn, her water broke a couple of minutes ago" Rio explained to Dawn who was helping the nurses to lay out the wheelchair.

They quickly took her to the delivery room where Rio was allowed to go inside with her.

"I can see the baby's head. Push, Synthia" Dawn instructed. Syn breathe in and out and dug her nails deep on Rio's hand.

"Push pa, Dawn?" Rio asked anxiously.

Dawn observed Syn's genital canal where the head of the baby was seen. Syn's body naturally squeezed out her child out of her passage, causing it's neck to be exposed.

"---Wait, stop!" Dawn said amidst the murmurs and hushing voices inside the delivery room.

"The umbilical cord is stuck, it's wrapped around your baby's neck" Dawn told everybody "One more push and we might lose the baby" Dawn added. She magicked her way to save the baby. She gently removed the cord around the child's neck before Syn could push again.

The baby's loud cry echoed inside the whole delivery room. Another Fortrera has been born, a healthy baby boy. Another Fortrera with a blood of an Arellano, who'll live under the roof of a Ravena.

4 years.

Syn yawned and rubbed her eyes. No one was beside her. She immediately got out of bed and went outside the room only to find her mag-ama playing on the kitchen counter downstairs.

She quickly hid on the staircase.

"You're not thure if mommy feelth the thame way, dad?" the little man squeaked, toning his cute voice down. Syn heard Rio chuckled.

"Don't worry daddy, I'll tell mommy you love her." The little man said, not letting his daddy say a word.

"No, big guy, I can do it myself."

"Are you thure, daddy?" He asked his daddy to confirm. Rio replied yes. "Mommyth rhtill athleep upthairth, I want to go to the park"

That's when Syn walked down the staircase with a bright smile.

"Who wants to go to the park?" she asked. The both of them quickly looked behind them to see her. They both smiled from ear to ear, happy to see their Queen.