21: 4 years too late

"Mom, why can't we go home?" Nio asked. Syn shook her head and continued to hum a lullaby. Sharon told her not to go home just yet because he might follow them there so they stayed inside Sharon's penthouse which is the extended part of the pavilion.

"Are we going home tomorrow?" Nio asked again. Syn nodded yes.

"I want to thtay here, mom. Leth thtay here, pleath?" Nio asked. Syn thought of the possibilities, she shook her head, "I'll think about it, 'kay? Sleep now" she said.

Nio closed his eyes and peacefully fell into slumber. Sharon went inside the room, "He's gone, umalis na sila ni Alyana agad. May urgent na pinuntahan or I don't know." Sharon sat next to Syn on the bed.

"Tarantado ang ama anak mo, hindi ka man lang nilapitan." Sharon said in disbelief.

Syn shook her head, "Hindi niya naman kilala si Nio. Bilang pagrespeto na rin siguro sa mga asawa namin, Ate Sharon"

"Basta tarantado talaga siya." Sharon ended the conversation. She looked at Nio, "But he looks a lot like him."

"That's why his second name is Junyus. Jun means like his father so dinugtungan ko na lang"

"Alonio means?"

"Waves in tagalog" she said and smiled.

"Alonio Junyus Ravena, it suits him" Sharon smiled and held Syn's hands. "You've raised him well. I'm proud of you, Attorney." Sharon told her. She was overwhelmed to hear her so she hugged Sharon.

"Now let's go and have a good time. Kakie wants to watch over baby Nio here."

"Dumating na si Kakie?"

"Oo, akala ko nga di na tutuloy. I'm just so thankful kasi miss niya na din si Miguel" Sharon said. Kakie went inside the room and kissed Syn's cheek "Hey cheesecake, I missed you."

"I missed you too, Ninang. Is that your son? Omo, he's such a cutie." Kakie said and pouted, "Akin na Lang?" she asked.

Syn and Sharon laughed. Kakie became so fond of Nio in a matter of seconds. "Don't worry, Ninang, hindi ko to iiwan. Teka lang, my friends should see how cute my new baby is" Frankie pulled her phone out and took some photos.

"Ate Kaks, ikaw na bahala dito ha. Bitbitin mo na lang dun sa labas pag nagising ha" Sharon instructed. "Aye aye, ma"

And then they both peacefully left the penthouse. They got back to the pavilion still with Rio, Aga, Lea, Dawn and Richard.

"Finally! You're back. Start na ang sayawan, Ate Sha! Gumala ka pa" Lea said. Sharon laughed and made her way to Kiko's.

They danced together first before all the other couples were allowed to join the dance. Hand in hand, each couple stepped on the dance floor as the live band started playing the second cue.

"You look different" Syn said as she placed her hands on Rio's chest and his on her waist. "You look even more handsome" Syn giggled. Rio looked at his self and smiled proudly, "Alagang Synthia." he said and laughed.

"The song suits you well" Rio said and listened to the song, Syn closed her eyes and leaned on his chest. Rio enveloped her and swayed her gracefully in a slow pace to match the live band's acoustic version of Can't take my eyes off you.

I love you baby
And if it's quite all right
I need you baby
To warm the lonely nights
I love you baby
Trust in me when I say

Oh pretty baby
Don't bring me down I pray
Oh pretty baby
Now that I've found you stay
And let me love you, baby
Let me love you