4: The Double Dinner Date

"Ma'am Syn, may naghahanap po sayo" Syn closed her eyes and threw Cindy, her assistant a death glare. "I-important daw, Ma'am" Cindy stutters.

She sighs and puts her pen down, "Papasukin mo nga. Sampung minuto lang ang meron ako or kung pwede i-schedule mo na lang siya? Aalis pa ako" she says. Cindy nods and immediately went outside.

She left a note for her assistant on her desk, leaving her a few instructions and tasks before she can leave the office anytime. She looked at her watch and she's wondering what took Cindy so long. So she finally decided to go out and just text her later to read the note she left.

"Sir Cyrus, busy po talaga si Ma'am Syn. Ipapa-schedule ko na lang po ang---" Cindy says, "Bakit kailangan pang i-schedule?" Cyrus asks, a bit impatient.

Syn rolls her eyes. Maybe he's here to explain and apologize. Everything that happened last night was vivid to her memories---so vivid that it still hurts.

"Anong nangyayari dito?" she scratches her forehead. Cyrus walks near her and greeted her with a warm hug. She didn't mind and looked away, "Kailangan kitang kausapin" Cyrus says.

"Kung tungkol 'to kagabi, okay lang. Naiintindihan kita, lasing ka and you were totally out of your mind---it was just the alcohol talking. For now, kailangan ko nang umalis may gagawin pa ako" she says and smiles. He hugs her again but this time, tighter.

He sniffs her scent, "Uminom ka ba?"

She gulps. "H-hindi ah"

"Sige, magsinungaling ka pa."

"H-halata ba? Hindi na kasi ang nakaligo eh"

"Hindi naman halata para sa iba, ambango mo eh. Pero para sakin, halatang-halata kasi kilala ko yang amoy mo"

"Chika!" she laughs and almost forgot about her meeting. "Shoot, male-late na ako talaga" she says and looked at him. "I'm sorry, I got to go" she tapped his cheek lightly and gave him the cutest smile.

He stopped her, "Sabay tayong maghapunan ngayon"

She looked up, thinking for an answer "How about, no?" she laughs. "I really have to go."

"Sige na, Synthia!"

"Ayoko nga"

"Isa,"

"Fine, just stop counting." she says and raised her hand and waved as she was walking away from him. He might have hurt her last night but today, he's putting another smile on her face. Oh God, Synthia Rey.

- - -

She's on her way to Manila at 4:00 pm, she was planning to drop by the mall to buy some designer bags for her self but she has one more task to do.

-

From Cindy

Ma'am, natapos ko na po lahat dito. Uwi na lang po kayo... Bad luck po uli, Ma'am ehe

-

She smiles. Looks like she has a lot of spare time to go shopping! She's in the mood to spend her money today so she went for this milk tea cafe and went inside each stall to buy something---make up, shoes, bags, clothes and even jewelries.

"Oh Dear" she says as she heard her phone rang. She had to stop and put her shopping bags down. She was about to answer the call when somebody snatched her shopping bags. She was quick enough to turn around, only to find Rio and Cyrus.

Both of them was confused and somehow mad. How did they happen to get the same bag to surprise her and catch her attention?

"Anong ginagawa niyo?" she asks, literally confused. Cyrus and Rio looked at each other and then looks away, teased and mad.