28: Don't start now

"Mom, wake up pleath." Nio's crying voice woke her up, "Pleath, mommy." He had left a big tear spot on Syn's shirt. Synthia immediately got up and took him in her arms after switching the lampshade on. Nio sobbed and sobbed, failing to say anything to her as soon as she had him.

"What happened, baby? Tell mommy, will you?"

"th-thomebody took me away from you and Daddy." His sobs grew louder and louder. Syn had a gut feeling; it was weird and unexplainable. Is this a hint of what their future would look like? Will she-Synthia Rey, mother of this child-lose her own son? "Don't give me away, mommy!" Syn's way of calming him was not working. Nio is a fragile boy, literally and figuratively, he had complications when he came out to this world and it highly affected his overall health.

"What's with the early alarm?" Rio asked, rubbing his eyes. He smiled and he looked at Nio who was still crying, eventually worrying about the crying Nio.

"Mommy and daddy's got you." Rio touched his hair and caressed his back. Syn and Rio looked at each other and in a matter of minutes, Nio was back to sleep in Syn's arms. She sighed in relief, finally peace and quiet at 2 am in the morning. Rio kissed Nio, who was, at that moment, on top of Syn.

"Can you not sleep on me?" Syn asked.

Rio leaned on his hand on the bed, his gaze only on her. But he is suppressing a smile, trying not to show off how cute he finds his wife is right now.

"Sorry na, let's talk about the problem and don't be a child." she pouted, trying to be cute although she already is.

"Sino ba tong patagong pinakilala si Nio kay Cyrus? Synthia, hindi na tayo mga bata, nakakacomprehend naman ako sa sitwasyon pero yung ginawa mo na pinadaan lang sa likuran ko, yun yung masakit eh." He explained, though his calm expression remained. Syn couldn't help her conscience continuously bugging her.

Syn placed her hand on Rio, "I'm sorry. I know what I did was wrong, I should've told y-"

"Forgiven." and a smile was carved on his face. Hence, the two of them can peacefully go back to sleep with their little boy in between them. Just in a few hours, Syn will be attending Darius and her's court trial and she needs some sleep-a good and relaxing sleep.

6:30 am, probably the second time she woke up this day with the same set up as earlier. Nio woke her up, but this time, he was jollier and much more cheerful. Since it's Monday and they had enrolled him to a brand new school for the meantime, he was twice energetic. The little boy shared how high his enthusiasm, hopes, and energy level is.

"Baby, your class is at 8 so you can still do whatever you want."

"But I want to change into my thcool uniform!" he demanded. Syn grinned upon hearing her son's reply, Nio is passionate about going to school just as he is in collecting toy airplanes.

"I am not allowing you to do so, but do you want to take a shower?"

"Mmmhmm! But mom, will I thee daddy again?"

"He's just upstairs, hon, why?" ofcourse, Syn was just playing dumb. She knew what Nio meant or rather who he was referring to. Nio scratched his forehead "No, not him- I mean mithter dad-dad!"

"Hey, hon, don't use that tone on mommy." And Rio came into the scene with a glass of water. Nio quickly apologized to Syn before she took him in her arms, Rio kissed his forehead and kissed the side of his wife's lips which made Syn cackle out loud.

"Landi-landi!" she squealed and laughed.

"Kalandi-landi ka naman po, Atty." he jested. "Oh really now?" she smirked.