6: Not Yours

"Ma'am Syn?" Two loud knocks on her front door.

"Ma'am? Are you inside?" Cindy became worried. Luckily, she has a duplicate of Synthia's front door key. She successfully opened the door but the whole house seemed empty.

Cindy's phone rang.

"Ma'am? Saan po kayo?" she asks her over the phone (Somewhere, don't worry I'm fine. Naopen mo ba ang bahay ko?)

"Yes Ma'am. Ano po kukunin ko dito?"

(I-open mo yung closet ko tas kunin mo yung tuxedo doon tsaka yung gown ko)

"Bakit po Ma'am? Saan niyo po gagamitin?"

(Sa kasal ko, psh. Charot Lang, kwento ko sayo pag maayos na ang lahat. Magkita na lang tayo bukas.)

"Okay po, Ma'am. Sure ka po bang aattend ka?"

(Never been so sure. Plus, I'm okay) she lies. Syn cleared her throat and said goodbye.

She was clearly not okay, but what's the point of telling the truth? They can't do anything about it anyway.

She'll be okay, soon.

- - -

Synthia looked outside her window after letting out continuous sighs.

"Oh? Uminom ka nga nito" she looked at the teacup in front of her.

"Thank you, Rio" she smiles and looked at him in the eyes. She was mesmerised for a minute, lost inside his dark brown eyes. She didn't notice her self smiling.

Rio laughs and sits in front of her with a tub of ice cream on hand.

He offers her ice cream. She agreed, of course. It's bad to refuse, tsk tsk!

"Double Dutch? Bad choice, Rio" she says and gives him back his ice cream. He laughs again, "Andoon sa ref ang cookies and cream." Upon hearing 'cookies and cream' she stood up and went to the kitchen to open the fridge.

"Oh? Anong nangyari sayo noong isang gabi? Magkasama pa kayo ng baklang yon" he says. She looked down as she scooped and ate a spoonful of ice cream.

"Sorry, nagkatuwaan lang kami ng bakla."

"That not it. Alam mo ang rasong gusto kong marinig. Be honest"

"Alam mo naman pala eh, tinatanong mo pa. Ibang klase din" she says and looks away.

He clears his throat.

"Yes, I drank because of him. Nothing new. I know, I know."

"I'm just worried about you"

"Ngayon lang naman to, I'll be perfectly fine the next few weeks...days, even" her tears brimmed. Of course he noticed.

He stood up and got something from the living room and he gets back to her.

"Here" it was their wedding invitation.

The Arellano-Flores Nuptials

She looked at the invitation and picked it up, "Oh? I've seen this already. I guess I'll see you tomorrow" she tries to smile but sadness keeps on bringing her down.

"Aren't you going to Canada tomorrow?"

"I've cancelled my flight. I can't leave just yet, I still have a lot of pending paperworks and clients"

"Synthia..." he hugs her, "...If you need me, I'll be here. I know his happiness is your constant reminder but please know your happiness to me's all that matter" he sealed that with a kiss on her forehead. She hugged him and cried on his shoulder.

"Now, go home. Change your clothes and get ready for tomorrow. It's your big day" he jokes. She laughs "How I wish"

"You didn't need to drive me home but thank you. I feel better now." She kissed Rio on the cheek and waved goodbye.

"Take care of yourself! Eyes on the road!" She says before getting inside her house. Rio got inside his car and was about to leave when Cyrus called.

"Cyrus, congratulations. I wish you the best, happy almost-married life" he says. (Salamat. May itatanong lang sana ako... Kasama mo ba si Synthia?) Cyrus asks on the other line.

"Oo, bakit?"

(I knew it! Bakit kayo magkasama?! Bakit di mo siya inihatid sa bahay niya?!)

"Nakita ko siya kasama si Luis, umiiyak siya sa kalye. Dadalhin ko sana siya sa bahay niya pero umayaw ito. Gusto niyang mapag-isa at lumayo pero dahil nag-alala ako sa kaniya... Dinala ko na lang siya sa bahay ko sa Laguna. We spent the rest of our night and 1/4 of our day there."

(Bakit di mo ako sinabihan!)

"What for? Sino ka para iinform sa mga nangyayari kay Synthia?"

(Kaibigan Niya ako. Dati ako ang gumagawa niyan lahat. Dati ako palagi ang nagliligtas sa kaniya at ako ang nagpupunas ng luha niya)

"Wake up, Cyrus. Dati yon, iba na ngayon. You're getting married! Matuto kang makontento kay Alyana. Siya ang pagtuonan mo ng pansin ngayon."

(Aminin mo nga, mahal mo ba si Synthia?)

"Oo, Mahal ko siya at wala kang magagawa para mapigilan ako kung sakaling liligawan ko siya"

- - -

It was the day. Their day. Cyrus and Alyana's day.

Visitors and guests started arriving and they were being greeted by Cyrus with a wide and warm smile.

"Ma'am Syn, Yung tuxedo pala na ipinakuha niyo sa bahay niyo kahapon ay para kay Sir Cyrus?" Cindy asks. Synthia looks at Cyrus and smiles.

"For the man whom I love the most"

"Pardon, Ma'am?" Cindy teases her, as if she didn't heard her.

"Wala" she smiles tightly and looks away.

"Ma'am Syn, bride's cue na po" a staff approached her and ordered everybody to settle down and prepare for the bride's entrance.

The church's doors opened. Alyana slowly walked towards him. Synthia kept on stealing glances at Cyrus and then at Alyana. There were no emotions on Cyrus face. It's hard to tell if he's happy? Sad? Or maybe he's just concealing it.

Synthia bit her lower lip as Cyrus held Alyana's hands. She held her chest and smiled tightly.

"I'm letting you go, my love" she whispers underneath her breath. Rio snakes an arm on her waist and pulls her close. She leans on him and bit her lower lip.

This is how it feels to let go of the things that weren't even yours in the first place; It sucks because you don't have the right to feel pain; to feel jealous; It hurts because he's not yours.

xxx

ilag na lang yung mga natamaan sige po HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA