43: What about love? (SPG)

Nio's voice echoed through the whole mausoleum of the Ravena's as he lifted his plane in the air. The whole place was a lot more serene a week after the ceremony of Rio's wake. Although it was twice as hard for Synthia to wake up in the morning with all the emotions coming in together and then with Nio's as well but she still had to move forward.

"I'm... Tired." Nio came to her, wheezing and gasping for air. "Let's change your clothes na, boo." she smiled and had her arms widely opened.

"Mom, look!" Nio shrieked and pointed in the air. Synthia looked at the direction he is pointing, "Ith a b-batitay!" Nio stammered and jumped to the direction of an adorable creation, reaching for it from the ground.

Syn chortled and looked at him in awe, "It's a butterfly, hon, not a batitay."

"Ith a white batitay!" he came close to Synthia once more and settled on her lap as she was sitting on the picnic blanket with their snacks arranged a few inches away. She had him in between her arms, "Bu..." she spoke for him to follow.

"Bu" He copied.

"Tter"

"Tter"

"Fly"

"Fly"

"Butterfly." she smiled as she reached for the plate of sliced fruits. She pierced a slice of an apple for him to eat. "Say it nga, Butterfly." she fed him the apple slice and watched him carefully chew it.

"Batitay." he spoke amidst chewing.

After finishing all the food, she lit up another candle and kept their things inside the basket. Silence invaded the place, she knew the tranquility and ambience was unusual. Unbeknownst to her as she was standing infront of Rio, was actually somebody behind her whom she needed the most when she was feeble and unarmed by grief. Nio silently looked at Cyrus, not moving a single muscle except for his questioning eyes—where was he after all these days? Where was he when his mom was sad? When all his mom knew was to cry?

"Say goodbye na, we're going home." Syn looked at Nio and there goes her wavering pupils again. Nio looked away but still kept mum, he looked at Cyrus' and their eyes locked in an instant. It felt like they have not seen in forever and when they did, their gazes on each other perceived their want to touch, to talk and make things better.

Cyrus was surprised to see her, she was impeccable—when was she never? he said to himself. His purpose was to light a candle for Rio and he never expected to see her and Nio. He found himself gaping at her figure and failed to withdraw back for a whole minute.

"H-hi." she stammered and smiled at him unwillingly. This is the first time they saw each other after what happened. "Go to him, anak." Nio obliged and ran to Cyrus' decision. He took his hand and gently pressed it on his forehead.

"Mommy'th thad again, Mithter Daddy. Make her happy." he squeaked but kept his voice low as he was in his arms. He melted in his warm embrace "Mommy needth to be happy. Make her." he whispered to him.

"I will." he kissed his hair and placed him on the ground.

Synthia scratched her forehead and sighed "You go wait sa labas and stay near." she said with accent. Nio nodded and carefully made his way out with his toy airplane. Cyrus, however, felt like he dropped his heart on the ground for the nth time after hearing how appealing she sounded even with the 'conyo-ness'. He could have muttered a curse because of that. The Attorney made her way to him with all of her grace​ful​ness and even she was how many meters away from him, her sweetly intimidating aroma dominated around the area. He missed how she made him feel the butterflies in his stomach that he never thought he had still kept all these years. And he's frightened that he's going to forget how it feels again.