9: Because it's true

A few days have passed since that day at the mall. Cyrus driving Syn to her law firm and back became a routine since it's only a one way drive to Cyrus' building. Cyrus stayed at her place and did almost everything together---no, they haven't took a shower together... Yet.

"Synthia? Are you home?" It was Rio's voice. He knocked on her door at 12 pm, but she couldn't hear him as she was fast asleep on Cyrus' arms.

"Synthia Rey, open the door. I'm getting worried" Rio shouted again. He wasn't contented. He tried calling Syn but no one was picking up. Though the woman he's calling is just inside. Meanwhile, Cyrus got annoyed with the vibrating sound of her phone on the table next to him.

So he picked it up and turned it off.

He decided to drink water downstairs before drifting back to sleep. He carefully lifted Syn and secured her with a blanket on top that extends from her tummy to her feet. He looked at her lovingly.

Why does this mistake feel so right? Why is he falling deeper inlove with this woman, who took an oath to speak the truth and to do only what's right but is actually doing wrong in the eyes of the law and God?

But he couldn't help his self to feel bad as well. He's a married man, Syn is a lawyer--- their lawyer. How will he explain this to Alyana if she finds out about this affair? He's spending the night with their lawyer while she's away? Hell, that's pure bullshit! But it was also her fault though. He wouldn't seek for love if she gave him enough.

"Syn! Open the door" That voice, he knows that. Cyrus immediately went to the door and opened it.

Rio was surprised to see him, "Anong kailangan mo?" Cyrus asked and rubbed his eyes.

Rio clenched his fist secretly, his jaw tightened as he answered "Si Synthia, nasan?"

"Just go straight to the point. Bakit ka nandito?"

"May namamagitan ba sa inyong dalawa?" Rio asked. Cyrus failed to answer. But Rio couldn't hold back, his fist met Cyrus' cheek.

Cyrus answered his punches. It's a fight he wants then its a fight he'll get. But Rio was just overflowing with anger that he easily pinned Cyrus on the wall.

"Anong pumasok diyan sa utak mo ha? Bakit kailangang idamay mo si Syn sa kalokohan mo?" He continued to punch him, "Alam mo bang maaring marevoke ang license niya dahil dito? Pano yun? Masyadong maingay ang pangalan ng pinakamahusay na lawyer na ginawa mong kabit! And to tell you, you are not worth her sacrifices!" he held him by the collar.

"Rio, stop!" A teary eyed Syn made her way to their direction. She immediately hugged Rio and sobbed.

He couldn't bare to watch nor hear her cry, "Mahal ko siya, Rio. Please stop it" she looked at Rio in the eyes. He avoided her gaze and looked at Cyrus.

"Uuwi si Alyana bukas na bukas, wag kayong magpapahuli" Rio couldn't do anything to stop them. He looked at Syn with a blank stare before he pushed her away.

"I followed you from the University to the mall. I saw everything and I wasn't wrong after all, it was real. Syn, make sure you don't regret loving this man" then Rio stormed out of her house.

Syn was left there crying like a kid. She was covering her face as she continued to sob. Cyrus made his way to her immediately and embraced her.

"Wag ka nang umiyak. Maganda ka kahit umiiyak kaya please, tumahan ka na" she was still crying.

"Tumahan ka na, marupok ko, magigising ang mga bata niyan eh" he says, trying to conceal his emotions as he felt his heart melting because of this lawyer's cuteness.