23: Thy Father

Cyrus looked at his watch and ran inside the airport to look for them. He sure will lose his Sanity if he fails to find them. He finally decided to contact Sharon, not caring if he'll sound desperate.

(Hello, Cyrus bakit?) Sharon answered the phone "Umalis na ba si Synthia ng bansa ?"

But Sharon was prepared for that question---they were really expecting a phonecall from him.

(Hindi sila tumuloy eh. Next month pa ata sila aalis)

"Sige, thank you" he said and dropped the phone call. He was relieved to hear that news from Sharon---is this his chance? Is this the start of another romance?---let's find out. He was about to dance his victory dance when a somebody from behind him pulled his coat and sniffed.

"Are you my dad?---oh you're not. Thorry, I'm lotht." and then the little man sniffed again; he was close to crying.

"Nio?" Cyrus asked. The boy nodded yes.

"Yeth---wait, mommy and daddy thaid I thouldn't talk to thrangerth. Pleath let go of my hand" Nio said, tears welling up on his eyes. "I'm no stranger, wait, I'm... Mahihirapan ako sa batang 'to" he whispered the last part.

Nio rubbed his eyes as he repeatedly said, "Let go of my handth pleath"

"Shh, teka lang, makinig ka"

"Mum! Dad! Help me pleath" his voice became a pitch higher. Everybody looked at them and they saw two familiar built running towards them.

"Alonio, were have you been? Mommy was so scared, baby!" Syn wiped her tears as she lifted Nio and cuddled him.

"Rio, Synthia..." Cyrus said, his hands automatically on his pockets. "Akala ko ba mananatili kayo dito?" He asked. Syn finally had enough of him. "Why do you care? Can you just not care, Cyrus?" She asked. Rio caressed her back, telling her to calm down.

"Hindi naman pwede yung ganon, Synthia, imposible yon dahil Mahal kita"

"What am I hearing right now? Oh please, stop it. My husband is here and our son is here. Kung may natitira ka pang respeto sa sarili mo, umuwi ka na lang and let us live peacefully."

"Anak niyo?" He asked and snorted, "Diba may nangyari din satin? Imposible namang hindi magbubunga yun. Now tell me, Attorney, akin ba ang bata?"

"How dare you say that to my wife, nambabastos ka na" Rio said. Syn looked at  him and gave him Nio, she asked them if they could just go away from them for a little bit.

"Hindi ba mas bastos yung pinakasalan lang tapos hindi naman mahal? Synthia naman, alam nating ako parin ang mahal mo at sa akin ang batang 'yon."

"Hindi sayo'yon, hindi sayo si Nio."

"Sino ba namang bobo ang aamin sa ex niya na may anak sila after all these years, aber?"

"Sino ba namang bobo ang mag-iisip na sakaniya yung bata without even considering the amount of nights the woman slept with her husband in the same bed with the possibility that something might happened between them. Pero legal kasi nga husband diba? Hindi yung susugod -sugod tapos may asawa, may anak pero walang utak. God, Cyrus, akala ko ba nagmature ka na since may anak ka? Ganon ka parin pala; so immature, so brainless, so---"

"Synthia, our flight. We have to go" Rio interrupted and held her hands so they could go.

"Rio, yung kamay mo. Wag mong hawakan si Synthia" Cyrus' jaw clenched and so did his fist.

"Asawa nga diba? Legal kaya tumahimik ka diyan."

"Putangina, wag mo sabing hawakan eh" Cyrus said. Rio held Syn's hands and snaked an arm around her waist. Cyrus followed them to the gate when they stopped.