36: Revelation

It was a fine night in the Ravena residence but was an unusual Thursday because Syn and the rest of the women power's 'ritwal' was on-hold until the next two weeks. Syn marched to her office after leaving Rio and Nio upstairs. Her office seemed to be so dull with all the paper works she's working on; her MacBook on her desk, currently processing some files in her Gmail and her iPad on top of the folders also saving a presentation. "Hold on, I can't touch the button!" Syn struggled and searched through the little details and then finally with a blink of an eye, her screen revealed Lea, Dawn and Sharon. They smiled and clapped their hands as she successfully joined the video call. 

(What took you forever?) Lea teased, her dimple showing up. "Sorry po ano, iniwan ko pa po sila Nio sa itaas." she smiled and settled down on the couch. Dawn squealed, (Bakit mo iniwan? Its just 8:30 PM, I wanna see him pa naman.) Synthia shook her head and smiled.

"Zulueta, next time if you want to see my son. Puntahan mo dito! Plus, 8:30 is almost late so I gotta put him to bed."

(Indeed! Ako Synthia, I really miss you na talaga no joke. I love you! Libre coffee ha) Lea laughed on the screen and so did the three. (Jusko naman, Lea. What do you do ba with all your riches?!) Sharon continued to laugh.

"Yun ata kinakain for breakfast, lunch at dinner." Synthia added a supporting detail.

(Sige laugh all you want, you still owe me coffee though.) and the laughing went on. (Pero ako din, I miss you po! Hectic naman kasi nung schedule ni Attorney this week and next week that's why week-an't singit.) Sharon said and pouted. They all cheered for that pun. Moreover, Lea and Dawn agreed with what Shawie said because it was true. "Babawi naman ako agad sa inyo. Actually, I have something to tell you..."

(Ano yun?!) the three chorused, seemed like they really share the same braincell when it comes to these things.

"I kept a secret from Rio—a very bad one." and her mind ran off to two choices; was it the kiss? Or was it the fact that they went out which was unbeknownst to her husband. (Hoy!) Dawn snapped her back to reality. She shook her head and started sharing "So he texted me if he could see Nio and alam ko namang gusto nung anak ko so I said yes—"

(We-we-wait, was it really Nio? Or baka gusto mo?) Lea had her eyebrow raised. Synthia raised her on-fleek eyebrows too, "I'm trying to seriously settle down here. Tell me, why would I want to see him?" she was quite defensive they could say but they wanted her to keep on talking. So Syn went on with her chika "Nagkita kami and guess what, he held my hand."

(Synthia, no way!) Dawn was blown away.

(WHAT THE HELL?!—Language, babes) aga says at the background. Lea said sorry and immediately moved to their kitchen.

(No, you can't be kidding me. There's gotta be something that happened next kasi usually, Kiko drops a kiss after a few seconds of—)

"And we kissed." she confessed and had her palms covered her face. "I know, I know!" she reacted with the awful realizations.

Lea mimicked (I'm trying to seriously settle down here chu chu chu and then you kissed na pala? Synthia, seriously, I'm dropping the call and I'm coming over—)

(Wait, I'm getting my keys!) Dawn said.

(I'm getting the driver.) Sharon replied before ending the call.

Doomed, she whispered.

- - -

"We'll take care of it, Chairwoman." Syn said and gave the folder to the person next to her. "The new director is aware of the changes and the on-going process. But it's not really necessary to do all that anymore." Syn said as department head. "What are you trying to say, Attorney?" The Chairwoman's lips formed a smile. Syn smiled as well as the legal team looked at each other "The complainant called the firm earlier this morning and he'd like to withdraw the lawsuit he filed."