44: Rendezvous

It was a bustling day at Synthia's firm. Preparations are made for her departure three days from now to be part of a business tycoon's council in Tokyo. Of course that would mean she'd have to leave Nio for a while with the Mama Dawn until the very first hearing. Cindy went inside her office with two long brown folders "Ma'am, everything is prepared na raw po. The moment you land there, you'll be escorted to the hotel."

She breathed as she sorted her things out "Okay, thank you. Kindly forward na lang the document to me after lunch."

"Attorney, sa sobrang busy mo dito hanggang New Year ka pa makakabalik. Second semester naman na sa second week ng December dun sa inyo."

"I still can't go back with all the workload here. Oh can we contact the head mistress? I wish to speak with her."

"Right away, Ma'am. Bibitiw po ba kayo dun?"

"I can't do all things at once so as we speak, parang ganon na nga." she whiffed and leaned against her chair. She checked her phone as notification popped up, her favorite OPM band is playing tonight and she has a reminder for that in the contrary, she doesn't think she can. Picking up Nio is on top of the list and besides, she's going to that gig all alone anyway. Time passed by quickly and it was already time for get Nio from school and she got a call from a Dawn saying she'll pick him up instead of her. With a sigh of relief, she came back to her office.

"Attorney, akala ko po ba aalis ka na?"

"Si Dawn na daw magsusundo. So baka mag-overtime ako tonight to have all of these fixed."

"Ngayon po ang mini-con ng Side A, Attorney. Baka gusto niyo pumunta?"

"Ako lang din naman mag-isa ang pupunta plus I'll pick Nio up pa sa bahay ni Dawn. Maybe next time." at the very same time, she was also saying that to herself to make her feel less doubtful of her decision. She waited for so long for this event and her excitement has been spoiled. Events such as these are her way of distressing. There was a moment of solid placidity and her memories betrayed her as she remembered how Rio loved going to events like these, they had the same taste in music. The thought of him doesn't make her cry anymore but settles and composes her.

Her door creaked open.

"I thought you left already? May naiwan ka ba?"

She leaned on her table to gaze at somebody on her door but she could not find any. Synthia grasped the handle of her swivel chair. It is beyond working hours, it couldn't be Cindy.

"Show yourself." she regained her composure though she was afraid of the thought that it might not be a human. "That is an order, not an option."

She could feel her spine receiving chills. Is there a ghost in the building?

And there, she stood still as the door opened widely. And her eyes were apprehensive to know who's standing right at her slightly opened door.

"Oh for the love of—" she grimaced, "A ghoster." she mumbled at his presence and crossed her arms; returning to what she was doing.

Cyrus, of course, knew what he did and saw how she didn't like him around. He had a sly smile on after she ignored him which she usually doesn't do. Synthia tried not to show how he was really affecting her when his scent dispersed all around her, the scent that she misses finally filled the entire atmosphere.

"Mahal," he said in the most gently and sophisticated way.

Synthia couldn't help herself and looked up to him. Realizing what she just did, she quickly looked back to her table. In split seconds, her comprehension faded away.