37 "May I have this dance?"

I've a sneaky suspicion something is going on. Everyone seems to be showing up in our tiny little town for one stupid reason or another.

Convenient, that they all seem to appear at the same time.

It's funny how Tara has known me my whole life, yet she doesn't know she can't keep a secret from me to save her life.

I always know her tells.

Whenever she's hiding something from me, like the time my mom and dad threw me a surprise thirteenth birthday party, she avoids me like the plague.

Phone calls go unanswered and Texts are ignored and at first I wondered if I had done something to upset her again but when Hunter started acting suspicious I realised they were planning something.

I don't know what or when, but the fact that Candice, Katie, Declyn, Sophie and Devon just happened to pop back into town is a tell tale sign it's soon.

I have no birthday coming up, or any other special occasion so I'm a little confused what they're planning. It better not be a party, I despise parties and every single one of them knows that.

Katie and Laura have kept me busy all day, under the instructions of Hunter I'm assuming. We've been to McDonalds and then to get our hair done, and then we went shopping.

Shopping was my favourite part, we ended up in Victoria's Secret and I splashed out far too much money on a sexy little outfit that I can wear for Hunter.

On second thought, I'm really glad Tara didn't tag along, I think finding out I dress up for her brother would have been a step too far.

"You're going to look so hot in that Em" Katie says as we drive back to Hunters apartment. I don't even know if hes going to be there but I'm not going home, somehow it seems odd even calling it that anymore.

I've been to visit my dad a few times in the past couple of weeks. He seems well, he seems happy. He has made a few friends, some of the time he forgets their names but he soon remembers and just tries to carry on as if nothing is wrong.

Sometimes I wonder if he even realises why he is there or what's happening to him.

"You think?" I say biting my lip nervously. I've never dressed up for a guy before and red lace isn't usually my thing. I very rarely where bold colors, the fact that its so sheer and flimsy is, I suppose, a positive but I can't help but be anxious about how I'll look. I'm not the most secure of people.

"Stop worrying!" Laura says from the front seat. "You'll look stunning, Hunter is going to love it."

I smile, grateful for their support. It's kind of endearing hearing them call me hot and stunning. I appreciate it. "Thanks" I say.

I'm planning on wearing it for him tonight but again, I don't know when, or what they're planning. I think Laura and Katie are in on it, but I can't be sure.

"It's this apartment block, here" I say pointing over Katies shoulder at the large buildings. Laura pulls the car over to the side of the sidewalk and I get out, pulling my new purchases along with me. "Thanks for the lift and today, I had fun."

"We did too. See you later?" They both wave me off and I go into the building with a smile.

When I reach the apartment, Hunter is nowhere to be found. I spot a rectangular piece of paper sitting neatly on the small dining table, placing my bags onto the nearby sofa, I make my way over.

It's folded paper with my name written on it in Hunters impeccable script. I smile because I just know this is going to be part of my 'surprise.'