Jumpnow's POV [Part 1]

The Rocket Parade and Short Stack were done playing for the night. A handful of people decided to head home since it was close to 12 and I was starting to wonder where Kell and Shaun have headed off to. I’ve asked Jimmy, Andy, Bradie, Beth, Maddie and practically everybody that I knew, asking them if they’ve seen Shaun and Kell. They all said no. Something was up and I wasn’t too happy.

I wandered to the section of rooms at the back of my house.

I wonder if they’re here somewhere, I thought to myself.

I knocked on the bathroom door. Nothing. The spare room. Nothing. I crossed my fingers, hoping that they weren’t in my parents room. Luckily, nothing. And the last room at the end of my hallway? I walked up and opened the door (hey, it was my room anyway. There was no need to knock). There I saw what I DID NOT EVER IN MY ENTIRE MOTHERFUCKING LIFE wanted to see.

“WHAT THE-!”

The two people in my bed turned around and saw me standing at the door.

“JAY!” Kell cried, attempting to cover herself up in the covers.

“FUCK!” I yelled and stomped out of the room, slamming my door. A few people looked at me and gave me dirties, then continued on with their conversations and dancing.

They were in my bed for fucks sakes! There’s a spare room, jeez! I screamed in my brain.

“Jump!” Kell cried out behind me. She put her hand on my shoulder and spun me around.

“What?” I asked. I didn’t want to see or talk to her right now.

“I’m sorry.” she said, with pleading eyes I suppose.

“You’re sorry? Really? You were in my room! In my bed! I’ll have to throw everything out now!” I turned around and she stopped me again.

“Wait. Let’s continue this outside. I can’t hear shit.” I rolled my eyes.

She dragged me out the front door, her hand grasped around mine.

“Okay, we can hear each other. What do you want?” I crossed my arms and began playing with my snakebites again.

“Jay… I’m sorry. I really am. I didn’t want this to happen and I can explain-” I cut her off.

“Explain? Oh, alright. You can start with telling me why you were in my room in the first place, not that I care anyway. But you were in my bed! With fucking Shaun! How do you think that makes me feel, huh?” I practically went off, even if I didn’t really mean to, but it all just came out at once.

My palms were sweating, my blood was boiling and I need to attack something.

“You wanna know why? Shaun means a hell of a lot to me. He took me there, not me. It just happened. I told him that we should go to the spare room instead, but he disagreed. I didn’t think that you would come after me!” she looked pissed off now. Great.

“Well I did look for you. That’s because I have to look after you. You’re my best friend and that’s what we do for each other. And you gotta tell me, give me a piece of mind, did you be safe?” I looked at her a tad bit softer.

“Yes… we did don’t worry.” she looked away for a second, probably in hard thought. I turned around to cool down. “Well, it wasn’t all for nothing, you know.” her voice was shaky.

“What?” I had to ask, turning to look at her. “What do you mean?”

“He told me he loves me.” she gave out a soft smile, her eyes went all shiny.

“What?” I asked softly, almost in a whisper.

“And…” she looked at her hands that were eloped together.

“And?” I repeated as she looked up at me, a tear spilling over.

“And I told him I loved him back.”

My heart dropped and I walked out of my front gate.

“Jay! Just stop!” she ran up to me and grabbed my hand. I turned around and looked at her. “So you love him now? Is that how it is? What happened between us last year was all bullshit?” she blinked a couple of times before answering.

“No! Of course not.”

As another tear spilled over, I shook my head.

“Bullshit and you know it.” I pulled my hand away from her grasp and I headed down the street.

“Jay!” she repeated.

“Scream all you want. I don’t care.” I barely whispered to myself.