Bradie's POV

“I should go.” Vanessa said after we pulled apart.

 “Wait. Stay a little longer. We have all the time until tomorrow morning to be with each other.” I begged.

“I can’t.” she pleaded back. She didn’t want to go and it was cute seeing how she didn’t want to leave me.

She stood up from where we sat at the piano but I grabbed her hand.

“I’m begging you.”

“You do that a lot these days.” she laughed.

“It’s because I want you here with me.” I smiled to her. “I’m not Bradie without you.”

Vanessa’s face went all soft and she thought to herself for a moment.

“I swear, I would stay but my mum will get all pissy if I don’t go home.”

“Call her. I’ll talk to her and figure something out. Remember, she likes me.” I said to her, tugging on her hand like a little kid. She giggled.

“Alright.”

She pulled out her phone from her pocket and sat back down beside me. She clicked through her phone and then called her mother. She put the phone on speaker and after a few rings, her mum finally picked up.

“Hello?” she asked.

“Mum, it’s Vanessa. I have something to ask you.” Vanessa said to her phone.

“Hey sweetie. What is it?”

“Ma, I was wondering if I can stay over at Bradie’s.” she held my hand and squeezed it tight.

“For how long?” she asked her back. She seemed a little worried.

“I don’t know. Whenever. Remember how I told you this morning that he’s leaving for tour tomorrow? Yeah well, we were wondering if I can stay a little bit longer. You know, girlfriend/boyfriend quality time.”

I heard her mum sighed from the other line. I turned to Vanessa and quietly mouthed “Want me to say something to her?” and she nodded.

“Hey Judith. It’s Bradie here.” I spoke to her phone.

“Bradie. I’m on speaker, aren’t I?” She asked.

“Yes ma’am. But we really, really want to spend heaps of time together before I have to leave tomorrow. That’s all.” I tried to sound as convincing as possible.

“How long?” she asked again.

“Um…” I started. I looked at Vanessa and she shrugged. “Uh, how about she sleeps over tonight? I’ll sleep on the floor and she can take my bed.” Vanessa smiled at the idea.

“Are your parents going to be home?” she asked, still seeming concerned.

“Yes, of course. My dad and Andy’s mum will be home. You can trust me, Judith. I won’t let anything inappropriate happen to Vanessa.” I crossed my fingers. “I promise.”

Vanessa giggled silently as she saw me ‘promise’ her mother whilst my fingers were crossed together. That only meant one thing, I white lied.

“Oh, alright. I trust you Bradie. You’re probably the only one of Vanessa’s boyfriend’s that she ever had that I actually trust.” Vanessa laughed at her mother.

“I love you, mum.” Vanessa said.

“Yeah, yeah.” she replied back.

“Thank you.” I said to her.

“Alright you love birds. I’ll see you tomorrow, Vanessa. And Bradie, have fun on your tour, okay?”

“Of course, Judith. I’ll bring you something back if you like.” I said to her.

“No, no that’s okay. Well, goodbye sweethearts.”

“Bye.” me and Vanessa spoke at the same time and we hung up.

“I told you she likes me!” I said to Vanessa.

“Yeah, I already knew that.” she rolled her eyes and smiled.

“So, where were we?” I asked her, pulling her body close to mine. She thought for a second.

“Gee, I don’t know. Mr Webb, would you like to remind me?” She made a massive smile on her face.

“Certainly.” I winked and went in for the kiss.