Maddie's POV

Want the truth? The complete truth? I’m glad I’ve saved myself for someone as amazing, caring, protective and perfect as Mr Bradie Gerald Webb. No regrets at all with what happened to us just a little bit ago. Definitely not what was planned to happen but I’m kinda glad that it did. I remember how we promised to wait a little bit longer but I think it was kinda time, and though he wasn’t kidding about him being more of a cuddler than anything else but I didn’t really care. He seemed as nervous as I was and really really gentle and careful about the whole thing but it was great. No rough stuff.

Bradie disposed the dirty deed into the bin that was beside the bed as we ended.

“Hm.” I smiled to Bradie in the dark when we pulled apart from our kiss. His arms were wrapped tightly around my body. It was nice.

“You okay?” he asked me.

“Perfect.”

He smiled back and kissed me again. I noticed that the credits began to roll in on the TV screen.

“Damn!” I said. “Missed half the movie.”

Bradie laughed at me, reaching for the remote control next to me.

“At least you didn’t cry.” he said, turning the TV off.

We were left in darkness but I knew I was safe.

“I almost did.” I whispered to him as I laid my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

“When?” he whispered back.

“When he had to leave for the army.”

“But you didn’t.” he chuckled.

“Shut up.” I giggled. “But that makes me think a bit.”

“About?” he asked me. His chin touched the top of my head and he stroked my arm.

“Don’t go.”

“Come with me.”

“You know I can’t.”

“Ditto.”

I sighed in defeat. There was no way that either of us could come to an agreement.

“This sucks.” I said to him, kissing his chest.

“Hard.” We laid in silence for a minute and he started talking again. “You’ll be okay without me, right?”

I lifted my head and popped my arm up behind me so I could see his face. I could just see the expression on his face from the natural moonlight that came from the window. He seemed a little worried.

“Yes and no.” I replied.

“Why no?” he asked me.

“Because you’re not here.”

He chuckled and reached his hand out to touch my cheek.

“You’ll be perfectly fine without me for a little while.”

“How do you know?” I asked him. “Why are you so sure?”

“Faith. Trust me.”

“Of course I do.” I whispered to him and I leaned down to kiss him.

We pulled apart and I went back to resting my head onto his chest.

“Get some sleep, Nessa. You’ll need it.” Bradie said, kissing my forehead.

“I love you.” I whispered to him, holding his left hand under the sheets.

“I love you, too.”