Maddie's POV

“I’m excited for you, Bradie!” I said to him. “I really am.”

“But I have to leave you for a month and a bit. I can’t see you as often as I like.” He gave me a puppy-dog look.

“Awww! Please don’t do this to me.” I giggled at his persuasion.

“But I want you to come.”

He wrapped his arms around my waist and he kissed my forehead. I thought for a second.

“How about we talk about this a little later, yeah?” I gave him a shifty smile.

“Alright. I’ll take you to my place when the party dies, okay” he winked, kissed me on my lips before heading off.

I sighed. How could I possibly live without my Bradie for over month? It’s impossible but I know that we could do it. We’ve been together for so long and this is what having a career in music does to couples so that gives me piece of mind. As long as we keep in touch, everything will be okay.

“You okay?” Beth came over and sat beside me on the couch.

“Hey. Yeah, I’m fine.” I tried to pull a smile.

“Maddie, don’t worry. I know you’re gonna miss Bradie but you guys can pull through. You’ve been together for so long, you both can work this out.”

“Thanks Beth.” I gave her a tight hug and then she kissed my cheek.

“Well, I gotta go now. It’s pretty late so I better take off.” She stood up.

“Alright. Take a cab home okay.”

“Already called them.” She started heading towards the door behind a whole bunch of people from school. “Just have faith in each other. I know you guys can do it. Talk tomorrow, okay.”

She gave me one last smile and wave before fleeing out of the door. I sat there for a minute or so, smiling quietly to myself.