Bradie's POV

The grad party yesterday was awesome. Maddie and I had a blast and we had this deep as connection towards the end and at her house. We agreed that we were going to spend the whole of today together – without Andy this time. I woke up extra early this morning. I really wanted to make this day special. I had a shower and took about half an hour to mess my hair up just right, the way Vanessa likes it. I grabbed some Lynx Africa and sprayed a ton of it on myself to make me feel a little more attractive.

There was only ten minutes left and I wanted to surprise Maddie by cooking something simple and delicious. She’d be surprised to see me in the kitchen to start off with. I slapped on Andy’s apron and started to think about what to cook. If you’re wondering *girlie fan girl voice* ‘why does Andy even have an apron?’, Andy was into cooking when he was a child and he always helped his mum in the kitchen. His mum gave him this apron last Christmas. And to make that Christmas even more special, thinking that he’s still into that stuff, she even sewn a picture of Wags the Dog from Wiggles on it.

The doorbell rang.

“She’s like 8 minutes early.” I whispered to myself.

I quickly ran to grab my Lynx Africa and sprayed a little more before I opened the door. There I saw Maddie’s beautiful tanned face. I kissed to greet her. I also smelt a lot of girly perfume – I guess I’m not the only one.

“Sorry. I’m a little early, but my-” Maddie cut her sentence short and quickly said another. “Is that an apron?” she looked at me as if she had just seen a ghost.

“Wow. I thought you’d be surprised seeing me in the kitchen, not an apron” I laughed whilst modelling the item attached to me to her.

We went into the kitchen and I told her I was doing pancakes from scratch. Suddenly Maddie began giggling.

“What is it? What’s funny?” I was so confused.

“Just because you’re going to cook them on the ‘machine’,” she made the quotations with her hands. “it doesn’t mean you’re doing it from scratch. You have to make the mixture and then cook them.” She said as she giggled.

“Okay fine. Let’s do it then. Get the ingredients and tell me what to do”

As we prepared the mixture I decided to have a little fun. I noticed Maddie’s fringe was in her face so I pulled it away, knowing that there was pancake mix all over my hand. Maddie instantly reacted.

“Ewww! That’s gross! You did that on purpose, didn’t you?!”

I saw her hand creeping up to the mixture. She grabbed a handful and threw it right across my face.

“Okay. Now that wasn’t fair.” I told her as I grabbed a handful of batter and threw it at her.

Now the friendly cooking activity turned into a chaotic pancake fight. The house was suddenly filled with screams and laughter. We both fell on the floor laughing. When we eventually stopped laughing, we were staring at each other, causing a few more random giggles. When we finally calmed down, Maddie wrapped her legs around my waist and began to kiss me. We were kissing each other so aggressively that we had to stop for breaths. We smiled at each other.

“Wow. Now I know why Andy loved cooking shows” I told her as a joke. She chuckled and unwound herself from me.

“I’m gonna go to the bathroom to have a shower. Do you have spare clothes that I could wear?” she smiled at me, a little embarrassed.

“Yeah. I’ll go grab something for you.”

I ran to my room and grabbed one of by band shirts. It was long so she could wear it as a dress. I didn’t exactly have skinnies that would fit her perfectly but she always found a way around things like that. I gave it to her and ran to the kitchen to clean the big mess we’ve made. We were careful enough not to mess any appliances in the kitchen.

“Thank goodness the appliances weren’t dirty” I said to myself.

I didn’t want to wash the equipment. There was way too much.