Kell's POV

I saw Jay take off and I mentally face palmed myself. What was I thinking? Coming down here trying to make truce. A few tears spilled over and I honestly didn’t know what to do. I lost my best friend and all because of what Shaun did. I slowly walked back to the house. I wanted to take my absolute time in the freezing cold early morning. I had to eventually find out what was in Shaun’s head. I ran up Jump’s driveway and pushed open the front door. The house was already empty which kinda surprised me. I looked at my phone… so much for 1am. I walked out to the backyard where I saw Bradie taking apart the last section of his drum kit. I walked over to him, wiping my face and clearing my throat.

“Hey.” I said to him. He turned around and smiled.

“Hey there, Kell. Where have you been? Jumpnow was looking for you.” he noticed my wet face on top of my flat facials. “You okay?”

“Yeah, I’ll be okay. Don’t worry, I bumped into Jump and we had a very interesting chat. Have you seen Shaun anywhere?”

“Um… not really. He came over to me and Andy a while ago and then they both went back to my house to drop off their guitars. He’s gonna sleep there for the night so maybe you can come see him in the morning. He has something rad to tell you.”

I dropped my head.

“Yeah, I’ll swing by sometime during the day. Where’s Maddie? She let me crash at hers tonight.”

“I took her home not that long ago. She told me to tell you to just come whenever. She’ll wait for you.”

He picked up the snare drum and I volunteered to snatch the hi-hat.

“Oh okay. Is it okay if you can drop me off then?”

“No worries.”

We walked inside the house and I saw Jay cleaning and tidying a few things. I tried to give him a little smile but he looked at me and then quickly looked away as if I was nothing.

“Jumpnow,” Bradie started to say as we stopped in the living room for a second. “do me a favour and bring the bass drum and shit inside in case it rains. I’ll pick it up tomorrow.”

“Yeah no worries. I’ll look after it with care.” he replied, looking over at me when he spoke his last sentence.

“Sweet. Cya later.”

We continued out the door and we placed the instrument inside the car. I went over to the passenger seat, sat down and dropped my head into my lap. What the fuck was I thinking?