18-Meeting

"I knew you'd call sooner or later.."

"Um,.. Can you tell me what you meant? You said that you could help me.. With what?" I asked, hearing the familiar voice.

"You're not where you belong.." He said. "Surrounded by heroes and do-gooders. That's not you."

My jaw dropped and I was slightly offended. "What do you-"

"Don't think I don't know about your little outburst today, or the robberys all over town. Those were you, weren't they?"

My eyes darted around, I walked over and shut my bedroom door. "Um.. I probably shouldn-"

"That's all I needed to hear." He cut me off. The line went quiet for a short while and I sat on my bed, unsure of what to say. "Listen. You clearly are unhappy with your situation.. Correct?"

I looked over at the knife I still had out on my desk. "...yeah."

"Alright then. ...I can help you become stronger, you're quirk is much more powerful than you realize."

"What're you talking about?"

"I wanna train you."

My eyes darted around the room after he said that. I don't even know this guy and he wants to help train me?

"Are you still with us, Midoriya?"

"Uh.. Yeah. I'm just confused. I don't know anything about you and you claim to know more about my quirk than I do. No offence, but I've had this ability since I was in daycare, I know all that I can do."

He sighed. "So there's absolutely nothing strange been going on, maybe something you couldn't explain?"

I shook my head. "No."

"What about how you got third place when your teacher was examening your abilities.."

My breath caught in my throat. "Well.. I don't kno-"

"Or how you were'nt visible on the security camera at the convenience store?"

"That had to just be-"

"I don't need your ridiculous excuses. Do you want my help or not?"

I sighed, looking down. "Alright,.." I muttered.

--

Todoroki was distant when he saw me the next day. He was usually shut off towards everyone except Shinsou and I, but now he won't even glance my way. Shinsou noticed too and cought up with me between one of our morning classes.

"Midoriya!" He called out over the crowd, making me pause and let him catch up. "What's going on with Todoroki? He wasn't hanging out with us this morning."

I rolled my eyes. "He's mad at me or something," I sighed. "Because I stood up to Bakugou yesterday and 'went too far'. I don't know, it's stupid."

"Huh," he said. "I guess he just doesn't understand what its like to be bullied like that because he's rich and hot, not to mention he's got a heroic quirk."

"Yeah, I'm not blaming him. I did get a little carried away when I was scaring him," I sighed.

"Do you want me to talk to him? Tell him your side of the story?"

"Yeah, see you at lunch," I waved as I turned towards my classroom and he continued down the hall.

"See'ya"

--

When the bell rang, I left my seat and looked back to Todoroki's seat. His eyes met mine as he threw his bag over his shoulder hastily before he averted his gaze and headed toward the door.