49-Sports Festival pt.1

(These few chapters might be kinda boring bc is kinda follows canon but it's really fun to write so...)

Anything underlined for the next few chapters is third person

After breakfast, I went into my room and lied down with an arm behind my head. I pulled out my phone with a sigh.

After checking a few notifications, I went to the UA website, to the section where they were streaming the Sports Festival today and hit play.

Todoroki POV
1hr earlier

I went looking for Hitoshi after changing into the gym uniform. It didn't take long to find him since I knew where class 1-C's changing room was.

I spotted him leaving as I was about twenty feet away. "Yo, Hitoshi," I got his attention and caught up to him.

"Hey."

I sighed as we began walking. "It's been crazy recently, you ready for this?"

"No," he said simply. "But are you? You've gone through more recently, with your father and you were actually there when Izuku..well..."

"I've got a lot in my head and I'm pissed as all hell, you're right," I put my hand on his shoulder and stopped us walking. "But I'm asking about you, you were just as much of his friend that I was."

He sighed, "Yeah, well, what could I do? I wasn't there to try to help him or talk him out of it so might as well move on, right?. It's not my fault." His last sentence sounded more like he was trying to convince himself more than just telling me.

"It's not anybody's fault, it was a decision that he made."

"Right."

Present Mic made an announcement that the events would be starting soon.

"Alright, I've got to get back to my class. Try to have fun today, alright Hitoshi?"

He nodded then I turned around to go back the other way, about ten minutes of walking then I saw the rest of my class walking to the gate. I saw Bakugou staring at me but paid no attention, he was told to leave Hitoshi and I alone, or at the very least not mention Izuku to us.

I got to the center of students in our class and we all walked out into the field as Present Mic started announcing our classes.

"Todoroki, are you excited? This is a great opportunity for us," Yaoyorozu walked up next to me, smiling.

I shrugged. "It is a good opportunity."

She sighed, "You were friends with Midoriya, right? You should try not to think about all that today."

I sighed then put up a smile, I didn't like to ruin the mood and today is an exciting day. "You're right, Yaoyorozu."

She nodded then we stoped talking and payed attention to Present Mic. "Alright everyone! Get back from the bathrooms and concession stands, we're about to begin!," he said with his usual hyper active attitude. "Now, students! Your first challenge will be an insane obstacle course around the arena!"

Several students began to look nervous or concerned while others were only more excited than before.

"But before that, we'll have the top student of 1-A say a few words to start us off!," Mic announced.