27-The Night He Lost Them

I ran down to the hospital as fast as I could in the black of the night, tears running past my face and hair whirling in the wind. My heart pounding and feeling tight in my chest, I became easily out of breath.

The news report rang in my head on a loop. An explosion has occured at Tsuburaya Hospital and is currently being evacuated. A second explosion detonated just before a group of villains arrived at the scene, using the evacuees as hostages.

I left in such a hurry, my shoelaces aren't even tied and my phone still sits on my bed. I just couldn't think, I had to run, had to get down to the hospital.

As I got closer, maybe a few blocks away, I began to see the fire over the rooftops and heard terrified shrieks. My heart was pounding, every breath I took came short, sweat inched down my forhead as my tears trailed behind me.

I turned around the last corner, heat radiated from the building on fire and screams of nurses patients and bystanders filled the air. A monsterous villain stood, towering at least twenty feet tall, in the middle of the madness. Heroes and police surrounded the area, even All Might and Endeavor stood evaluating the area.

"Ayukaaa!!!" I screamed as I rushed onto the scene. A hero on the sidelines quickly caught me as I tried to run in to find her.

"Careful kid! You need to get out of here!" He yelled, easily holding me from going any further.

I didn't look at him once and continued struggling to get free of his grasp. "Let me go! I can help! I have to find my family!! Please!" Tears continued to flee from my eyes and race with beads of sweat in this heat.

I searched through the large group of hostages and the group still leaving the building. My eyes darted in every direction looking for Ayuka or Kana. I found my father on the sidelines as well, these villains must be a big deal, or maybe the situation just called for this much firepower.

I still pushed against the hero holding me like a child and cried for him to let me go. My mind was racing, clawing at any hope to spot my family. My iris' skipped around, scanning every face in the group guarded by villains.

Muffled voices yelled all around me, I couldn't think. My mind had focused on searching for the girls, I couldn't listen to anything or pay attention to my surroundings, I was just looking, searching.

In the next moment, I was being passed from the hero holding me to two other people and dragged out of the scene.

"Midoriya!"

"Midoriya, calm down."

"Please, stay still. It's okay!"

I finally looked to one of the people now holding me and saw Shinsou. "It's not okay! I have to-!"

"Shut up." I stopped talking just like that. I- I wanted to keep yelling, to push past him. "Follow us."

He looked over to Todoroki, nodded and walked down the street. I followed blankly. I'm screaming in my head, I have to get back, find Ayuka, and Kana too! What am I doing! Wait- this is Shinsou's quirk!

I had no choice but follow them, he told me to, there's no getting out of this. The further we went the angrier I got, the more desperate I became to get back to searching.

A few blocks away, he turned down an alleyway and let me free from his quirk.

I immediately jumped forward and pushed him against the brick wall. "Dammit, Shinsou! My family's in there! I have to save them, I have to do something! Why did you do that!?"

Todoroki came between us and pulled me off him. "Midoriya, he had to," he said. "We have to leave it up to the pros."

"Leave it to the pros!? She's my little sister! I can't just leave her in there!" I argued, pulling at my shirt as it felt suffocating to me.