diecinueve

the west house was one of the best restaurants in the city, only the wealthiest families could afford to attend. the place was very elegant and you had to dress up to be let in, otherwise you couldn't even get to the reception.

corbyn had planned to have dinner with his father when he returned from his business trip, but his plans did not include jack's family, who were certainly very nice people, except for his son.

now corbyn was certain that jack avery was just an idiot.

upon arriving at the restaurant, both his father and the blonde and sabrina (who apparently had to accompany his father everywhere), were treated upon arrival.

"welcome mr. besson," the woman who was attending them babbled. "the stanfords are waiting for you, please follow me."

the woman led them to one of the center tables in the vip area, where jack's stepfather and his mother were, as well as the little sisters of jack, ava and isla, and the aforementioned, who rose from his place to see corbyn.

corbyn's father started talking to kristin stanford and sat next to jack's stepfather. corbyn stopped paying attention to the conversation when jack approached him.

corbyn couldn'thelp but make a face of displeasure after remembering what happened at the gabbie party, in addition to all those messages that he kept sending to his cell phone.

did he think that in that way corbyn would forgive him?

"you look great, corbyn."

corbyn was wearing tight jeans and a white shirt, something ordinary. but the truth is that he looked great.

"thank you," the blonde answered dryly.

he was also handsome, that night he looked very handsome in a dark suit and a perfectly tight tie.

"we need to talk." jack took him by the arm and spoke softly so no one else would listen. "my parents still do not know we're not together anymore."

"so?"

"i don't want you to tell them." jack seemed very worried about that. "they need to believe that we're still dating."

"why?"

"they practically already planned my wedding with you and a lot of business with your father, if i tell them that we end up because a nonsense they will lose their minds."

"does it seem a nonense to you to fuck my best friend?" corbyn scoffed.

"please, you cheat on me first with that asshole."

"let go," muttered corbyn as jack's grip began to be stronger.

jack was hurting him.

"i warn you, corbyn. don't dare to say a word to them."

corbyn let go of his grip and took a seat in one of the chairs that was just opposite where he had seen him sitting. only jack followed him and ended up sitting right next to him.

as soon as his parents asked corbyn something about them, corbyn planned to tell them the whole truth.

when they were all seated, a couple of girls came to their table to leave the menus and serve some wine in our glasses, (orange juice in the case of ava and island since they were just kids according to kristin).