veinte

after talking to zach's mother, corbyn decided it was time to take an uber and go look for him at his apartment. the blonde needed to talk to him, what zach's mother had said had left him quite uneasy.

could zach really become someone like his biological father?

by the way he had described it, that man must be someone really scary.

suddenly the memory of zach fighting in the sand came to corbyn's head. he still remembered that ruthless expression on his face, his fists stained with blood and that anger he had seen in his eyes.

corbyn shook his head to push that image away from his mind, he didn't need to think about that now.

when he finally reached the building where zach lived, he left the uber and stopped at the reception. sydnie was leaning against the counter, painting her nails with a black nail polish.

as soon as the girl saw him enter, she arched one of her eyebrows. "you're dressed too formal to come here," she said with a little pursed lips.

"is zach here?"

her attention returned to his nail polish. "you mean the boy who gives me frozen food spoiled? no. a while ago a very elegant boy came for him, and he took it by force."

"his brother?"

"i think so."

corbyn let out a sigh, surely his brother was the one who forced him to go to dinner with his parents. But wait a moment, if zach hadn't returned here after leaving the restaurant very angry, where could he have gone?

"do you know where zach is going when he's angry?" corbyn asked, hoping she knew something.

"how angry?"

"well... very angry."

"but mad angry, or furious angry?" sydnie didn't bother to hide her smile, this girl was just making fun of corbyn.

"sydnie, just tell me where you think you might be zach. i need to find it. "

"did you have a love fight?"

"no."

sydnie stopped smiling, closed her nail polish and gave corbyn a long look before speaking. "i'm going to give you some advice and i'd like you to take it. get away from zach dean now that you can, that guy is like a time bomb. at any moment it's going to explode and you do not want to be there when he loses control."

did she also know something about zach's problems?

"sydnie, please."

the blonde girl sighed. "look for him in the fight arena. whenever he's upset he goes there to get even with some very unfortunate guy in a fight."

corbyn hadn't thought about that, but obviously he was in that place.

"thanks," he said before leaving the building and taking another uber.

ΩΩΩ

the arena was just like corbyn remembered it, bad lighting, a very unpleasant smell in the air and crowded with people waiting anxiously for the main show to begin. the blonde really felt sorry for the boy who would fight with zach that night.