veinticuatro

all of us sooner or later come to a time when smiling and pretending that everything is fine is not enough. corbyn felt very tired, his body felt weak and his eyelids felt heavy. he was exhausted.

"you're very quiet today, corbs." said anna at his side. "and you have not touched your food, are you okay?"

he had taken a plate of fruit from the cafeteria but he hadn't eaten a single bite. he had no appetite, his stomach felt tight.

"i'm fine, i'm just not hungry." replied the blonde.

"sure, you can have a little of my lunch." daniel offered me his plate.

it was fish with garlic sauce, at first it seemed tempting but when the smell of garlic reached my nostrils his stomach turned. corbyn covered his nose and put a hand to his mouth trying not to make an expression of displeasure.

"thanks but ... i'm fine."

anna's eyes locked on the corbyn greens and both brows furrowed, as if she knew something corbyn didn't. when the nausea grew stronger the blonde knew that it was going to be impossible to keep retaining the urge to vomit. he got up from the table and almost ran to the bathroom, only while crossing the door of the cafeteria his shoulder hit someone else's.

zach.

he looked tired, there were dark marks under his eyes and his hair was very messy, as if he had been running his hands through it. he opened his mouth to say something but corbyn was forced to continue on his way to the bathroom, otherwise he would end up vomiting in front of everyone.

he quickly locked himself in a cubicle and leaned over the toilet, waited for his body to throw out whatever was in his stomach, but it was not like that. he hated gagging, they were horrible.

finally and giving up, the arcades ended and he went to the sink to wet his face a little.

"are you going to tell me what's going on?" anna asked from the door, her arms crossed over her chest and she looked annoyed.

"what's up with what?"

he glanced down the corridor before closing the bathroom door, checked that no one else was in the cubicles and approached corbyn.

"please, corbs, i know you. you're going to tell me what's going on or i'm going to have to make you speak."

the blonde released the contained air, he supposed that he could no longer hide it.

"zach and i are over." he exclaimed and then added. "actually we didn't even finish, you can't end up with something that never started."

"what do you mean?"

corbyn was going to tell her everything, he needed to tell the whole truth to one of his friends. these lies were killing him slowly.

"there was never any relationship between zach and me, it was just something i invented so as not to be ridiculed that night at chris' party."

anna's eyes widened. "one moment, you're saying that you ..."

corbyn nodded. "i made up everything, i never cheated on jack."