veintitres

"what's so important that you wanted to talk to me?" zach asked, cocking his head.

zach and corbyn were in an old cafeteria with a somewhat retro style. this place was new for corbyn, but for zach seemed quite familiar, he had even called the waitress by her name. corbyn couldn't help but feel a little jealous.

"i don't know how to start..." when corbyn looked up from the menu, the green eyes of the blonde met the zach browns.

his hair was wet and his eyes looked darker than ever.

"what's going on?" zach asked now more seriously.

corbyn opened his mouth ready to speak when the waitress came back to the table. "ready to order?" he said looking at zach.

either that girl had a twitch in her eyes, or she was desperately trying to get zach's attention. corbyn looked back at the menu and concentrated on the image of a chocolate milkshake.

"a chocolate shake for him and a coca-cola for me." ordered zach.

"wait, i don't..."

"come on, you want onw," he murmured smiling.

corbyn blushed. zach had been paying attention to him after all.

"anything else?"

zach looked at corbyn and the blonde shook his head. he wasn't really hungry, he just wanted to talk to him. the waitress left and took away the menus, so corbyn had to concentrate on looking at his hands on the table.

"so... matthew." he mocked. "i didn't know you had a middle name."

corbyn frowned. "i hate that name."

"why?"

"it's so unoriginal."

"corbyn matthew besson." zach muttered.

the blonde knew that zach was just trying to annoy him. "at least i have a middle name, being only zach dean must be boring." he answered zach.

the brunette smiled and signaled for corbyn to approach him. "do you want to hear a secret?" he asked in a low voice. "dean is my middle name."

"what?" corbyn laughed.

"what you heard, everyone thinks dean is my last name, when in fact it's my middle name."

"who gave you that silly name? 'zach dean' sounds horrible."

"my mother."

corbyn immediately stopped laughing. mocking the name that had been chosen by his mother had been wrong. "sorry, i didn't want..."

"it's okay, i said it for you to laugh, i like to hear you laugh."

for a long time neither of them said anything else. the waitress brought their drinks and left but not before blinking excessively in the direction of zach. he didn't even look at her.

"do you know what hospital your mother is in?" zach nodded. "do you usually go to visit her?"

"no. i have never been to visit her."